+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where Does IB Go From Here?

I would imagine the owners have invested a lot of time and resource in identifying what they want as a head coach. They would have approached IB and I would assume MR was IB's choice.

I have every faith in the footballing identity the owners are trying to instil in this club and I would like to see IB given the chance to fulfill what he was originally brought in to do.

I hope he stays, clears the air with the players today, gets a result this evening and then goes on to improve performances and results until the end of the season. If he manages that then it shows he has the ability and man management skills to be successful for Notts in the future. If he walks I will be a little disappointed but not only that he could end up suffering by association.

Ian needs to stay and ride it out. if he does that and shows signs that he has the ability to improve things on the pitch then I'm sure he will win over the respect of players and fans alike.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If we continue our dismal form until the end of the season it’s hard to make a case for him to be here next year. Certainly we wouldn’t be going into it with much optimism, which we should be with hopefully fans being back.

A big fat red line somehow has to be drawn under the current fiasco though.

Given current form it will be hard to make a case to trust him (and whatever system the choose to use) with player recruitment. We need a real upturn in performances and results or I can see a storm coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    I would like to say I feel sorry for the bloke, but I don't, and it's not all his fault is it ?
    Going by his record before he joined Notts, he'll be well used to losing and it sounds as though his last club didn't have any expectations of improving, so it might be a bit of shock if he's taking any notice of social media. With no fans in the stands, he may still be blissfully unaware of the anger and frustration. His interviews so far haven't suggested that he's feeling the pressure, though he did sound quite down on Saturday. I'll feel sorry for him if we're still struggling when fans are allowed back in, but not as sorry as I feel for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I imagine a new assistant will be brought in and he will carry on.
    Lets hope he just leaves! Fullerton mark 2.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    His interviews so far haven't suggested that he's feeling the pressure.
    I have noticed his eyes seem to be getting wider with every new interview. I think it's called 'Feldman's Syndrome'.
    Last edited by countygump; 04-05-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I have noticed eyes seem to be getting wider with every new interview. I think it's called 'Feldman's Syndrome'.
    Well, IB with no No.2...
    Anyone's eyes would pop out with that combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    He's was already vulnerable following a run of poor results, he's now lost his right hand man that he brought in for non footballing reasons and is now left with a squad of unhappy players.

He's got to be feeling vulnerable now or does this situation make his position stronger if he doesn't walk and toughs it out?

I guess we'll find out tonight during the 90 minutes where the player stand on it
    Personally l hope he goes back to where he came from and the Board appoint a Manager and Coach who are far more suited to the English game at a level between the N. L. and League One.

Hopefully not one with either a Red or Green L Plate on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Well, IB with no No.2...
    Anyone's eyes would pop out with that combination.
    Such a shame he's no longer with us, as Ayrton Senna would have been perfect for his No 2.
    Last edited by countygump; 04-05-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It will be very interesting to see whether the club choose to bring in an assistant below him or a DOF-style figure above him, but I reckon he'd struggle with neither.
    I've said before Swale, we need a DOF to take the pressure off a man who is new-ish to management. Burchinall calls himself Head Coach, if that's ok with him then a DOF can assume the role of manager, though what the differences are I've no idea, and who is subordinate to who?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Personally l hope he goes back to where he came from and the Board appoint a Manager and Coach who are far more suited to the English game at a level between the N. L. and League One.

Hopefully not one with either a Red or Green L Plate on his back.
    Yeah what this club really needs is one of the usual candidates that we've had for years and led us to non league football, someone that knows the level, not someone that's coached at a much higher standard.

As for red or green L plate on his back, I presume Ardley came with one of those too? Considering Notts were only the 2nd team he managed and the first he'd ever managed in non league?

Why can't Notts fans be a bit more accepting of something different FFS, it's like Sid complaining about Boucaud wearing gloves, "these foreigners just don't know this league!" when he was born in f*cking London.

The game has moved on from the days of Jack Wheeler running on to the pitch with a cold bucket of water and a sponge when someone was injured, it's about time some of our fans did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast