+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where Does IB Go From Here?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I would imagine the owners have invested a lot of time and resource in identifying what they want as a head coach. They would have approached IB and I would assume MR was IB's choice.

I have every faith in the footballing identity the owners are trying to instil in this club and I would like to see IB given the chance to fulfill what he was originally brought in to do.

I hope he stays, clears the air with the players today, gets a result this evening and then goes on to improve performances and results until the end of the season. If he manages that then it shows he has the ability and man management skills to be successful for Notts in the future. If he walks I will be a little disappointed but not only that he could end up suffering by association.

Ian needs to stay and ride it out. if he does that and shows signs that he has the ability to improve things on the pitch then I'm sure he will win over the respect of players and fans alike.
    I agree.

I don't know whether IB will ultimately prove to be a success or not, but I do know that it's far too soon to judge him as a failure. We'll know a little more about him by the end of the season, and next season we'll be able to see the type of player he wants to bring in and whether this is taking us forward. You can't really judge him on the likes of Regan Griffiths and Luke Steele because they were clearly short-term, stop-gap signings using what was left of this year's budget. In the summer he will have more flexibility to go after the players he really wants.

The Maurice Ross thing is what it is and has clearly happened in isolation and very rapidly. On Friday he had the endorsement of an interview with the official club media, which likely wouldn't have happened if trouble had been bubbling behind the scenes at that stage and his position had been in doubt. He's clearly said something inappropriate out of the blue at the Altrincham game and the whole thing has exploded over the weekend, but the club have been decisive and have made it clear that their issue was specifically with him and his behaviour. Ian Burchnall will no doubt be joined by a new assistant, be that above or below him in the structure, and hopefully that will be a successful appointment.

Courtesy of @dicko1862 on Tw@tter

'Notts County will be playing four, four 'flippin' two!'

https://twitter.com/troubled_soul89/status/1389576829837643776?s=20

Name:  E0fPOcuWUAQsVZP.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  84.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Yeah what this club really needs is one of the usual candidates that we've had for years and led us to non league football, someone that knows the level, not someone that's coached at a much higher standard.

As for red or green L plate on his back, I presume Ardley came with one of those too? Considering Notts were only the 2nd team he managed and the first he'd ever managed in non league?

Why can't Notts fans be a bit more accepting of something different FFS, it's like Sid complaining about Boucaud wearing gloves, "these foreigners just don't know this league!" when he was born in f*cking London.

The game has moved on from the days of Jack Wheeler running on to the pitch with a cold bucket of water and a sponge when someone was injured, it's about time some of our fans did.
    Great post.

Whatever he said, be it racist or reference to ***uality etc. You simply can’t do that and get away with it in the world we live in. The owners won’t accept that behaviour from anyone, but definitely not from someone in a senior position in the club. This period could now make or break IB. He’s been massively let down by Mo. The players now need to show the same attitude on the pitch that they have demonstrated in their stand against Mo’s behaviour.
    Never a dull moment and Man Utd fans think they have it tough!

Best post on here by Freeman. We can't just have the usual suspects again and then when that fails or they leave we need to switch everything out again. We need to have a style as a club and this starts with the appointment of IB so whoever comes in knows what's expected and how we're run. What is needed is some patience and understanding, not people wetting their knickers every two minutes. The issue with Mr has made me really depressed as thought they would have been a great team but now is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water. I hope IB stays, gets the support he needs from inside and outside the club and can build a squad that he can rely on to play how he wants to play.

Not intending "too much" disrespect to Mr Ross, but he's only been at Notts County for five minutes, the results have been rubbish, and other posters are hinting he has bad-mouthed Notts County players.
    A win tonight will make this matter instantly forgettable.

If the majority of fans don't buy into the club's new ethos and patience isn't shown then it's doomed to fail IMO. The fanbase being onside from the start and understanding what the new approach is and that it needs sticking with through all the bad and hopefully good appointments is *****.

I know it's a results business and results for the last 3 seasons have been poor and patience would be easy to have if results were positive but it's at troubled and difficult times such as this that support and patience is required more than ever. Instant success to a new approach isn't common, plenty of bumps in the road.

As CF suggested we need a joined up approach to the hires of managers/coaches/scouts as well as a common theme and plan with player recruitment. There is indeed too much knickers wetting going on after every result, usual game by game analysis with accompanying dramatic swings (until recently!)

We can't panic if the first appointment doesn't get off to a good start, or doesn't work or we will go back to the days of appointing contrasting managers who have contrasting approaches and want very different squads of players to gain short term success. That's ok if it's a new manager every 3/4 season but it's a nightmare and doomed to fail if you swap a manager every season like Notts have done until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Best post on here by Freeman. We can't just have the usual suspects again and then when that fails or they leave we need to switch everything out again. We need to have a style as a club and this starts with the appointment of IB so whoever comes in knows what's expected and how we're run. What is needed is some patience and understanding, not people wetting their knickers every two minutes. The issue with Mr has made me really depressed as thought they would have been a great team but now is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water. I hope IB stays, gets the support he needs from inside and outside the club and can build a squad that he can rely on to play how he wants to play.
    This.

Michael Doyle will act as Assistant to IB until the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Yeah what this club really needs is one of the usual candidates that we've had for years and led us to non league football, someone that knows the level, not someone that's coached at a much higher standard.

As for red or green L plate on his back, I presume Ardley came with one of those too? Considering Notts were only the 2nd team he managed and the first he'd ever managed in non league?

Why can't Notts fans be a bit more accepting of something different FFS, it's like Sid complaining about Boucaud wearing gloves, "these foreigners just don't know this league!" when he was born in f*cking London.

The game has moved on from the days of Jack Wheeler running on to the pitch with a cold bucket of water and a sponge when someone was injured, it's about time some of our fans did.
    I can't see how Notts fans running onto the pitch with a sponge and a bucket of cold water will make a big difference.

Fair play to IB, I was ready to throw him overboard after Saurday and the dross that had gone before.
    He's had a torrid time of it and must be feeling the pressure. Really hope he gets a run going and things work out. We were very good tonight to his credit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast