+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our home form

Army : I did not deal with our midfield, these 'silly mistakes,' at the back, where the buck stops, lets patch them up. Crosses will always come in, but in this first goal, what Lawton did, schoolboys don't do ? He turned with his back to Antonio, how would Lawton plan to stop him ,by looking over his left shoulder ,or his right shoulder? It beggars belief! In this video it can be seen at 0.39.

If we take the 2nd goal. Lets say Taylor has no support in front of him. Cork and McNeil as you say. But back in defence Taylor has to erase social distancing, and cover closer Mr Ant. As soon as Benrahma receives the ball on the wing (in the video 0.50 ) Taylor is looking at McNeil I think, perhaps to shout, ''take the winger''! He is also standing some 2-3 yds from the attacker Antonio.
    At 0.52 Benrahma crosses the ball, with 3 Burnley players in front of the only Wet Spam attacker, the only one that has the potential to score. Tarks I would say also hasn't a clue where Antonio is, also a mistake. Why Taylor does not close him down, logic fails me? Taylor has just 2-3 yds to move not 20yds. With the sluice gates open, the rest is history.

Crosses will always come over but in that Goal area, it is what we do there! As you see, lots of (repeated?) silly mistakes, which can be corrected. In midfield we can also correct ,but first lets slam the door shut!

Send this clip to Sean himself. If we can all see what’s happening, it may just sink in to him and his back room staff

Mcneil gave one of the goals away by losing possession 30 yds away from his own goal.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Mcneil gave one of the goals away by losing possession 30 yds away from his own goal.
    alf --he was only about 22 yards away. That's the way it goes, sadly. He tried to win the ball back but, overall, the defending was poor and just not like the Clarets.
    It's been a strange season and when we only had 2 points after 7 games we knew that it would take a sterling effort to pick things up, particularly with the injuries we had.
    We have done well to turn things around but we have never been consistent and this is why we are still sweating on a few results.

Whatever happens in our remaining two home games, we will not have lost as many home games as we did in 2018/19 when we lost 10 games and finished with 40 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Army : I did not deal with our midfield, these 'silly mistakes,' at the back, where the buck stops, lets patch them up. Crosses will always come in, but in this first goal, what Lawton did, schoolboys don't do ? He turned with his back to Antonio, how would Lawton plan to stop him ,by looking over his left shoulder ,or his right shoulder? It beggars belief! In this video it can be seen at 0.39.

If we take the 2nd goal. Lets say Taylor has no support in front of him. Cork and McNeil as you say. But back in defence Taylor has to erase social distancing, and cover closer Mr Ant. As soon as Benrahma receives the ball on the wing (in the video 0.50 ) Taylor is looking at McNeil I think, perhaps to shout, ''take the winger''! He is also standing some 2-3 yds from the attacker Antonio.
    At 0.52 Benrahma crosses the ball, with 3 Burnley players in front of the only Wet Spam attacker, the only one that has the potential to score. Tarks I would say also hasn't a clue where Antonio is, also a mistake. Why Taylor does not close him down, logic fails me? Taylor has just 2-3 yds to move not 20yds. With the sluice gates open, the rest is history.

Crosses will always come over but in that Goal area, it is what we do there! As you see, lots of (repeated?) silly mistakes, which can be corrected. In midfield we can also correct ,but first lets slam the door shut!
    Agreed Balan , the shot of Lowton not even looking or trying to defend the situation is a clip he won’t have wanted to see the day after.

The second I think is just a brilliant ball and movement , I understand your defensive statement but for me you have to stop the cross before it gets delivered , we are still like statues in the box agreed and don’t defend the goal well ( flat footed )
    I just think that Benrhama had so much time and space to deliver the ball ( which was a peach ) tbh that it almost became in defendable inside the box .

Dyche will have gone mad I bet watching it back.

Army : Yes if we can stop the crosses, its an additional help, and a must! ( from this clip we do not see West Spams build up, of course a full video would be better).Then various faults can be seen ,not so with just the clip showing the goals. But I would question this first goal , not the fault of Taylors, but the build up which we can see coming in from their right side? (Sorry but that clip again!)
    The cross coming in,
    Advance to 0.34, in that situation we have 5 Burnley players and Pope, inside the penalty area, and only Antonio of Wet Spam.
    I would ask, does any player (say the captain), control other players positions at this point ,or is it all players are, all free to do what action they think? If so then we are in a mess and for each game after, that same problem. I do not know but it seems like it!

Ok, I think it is Pablo Fornals, he sends the ball out to his winger. A winger would look up and see( video 0.36),it being almost impossible to cross it over to Antonio, with 5 Burnley players blocking that pass. His option is his midfielder coming in down the wing- then history!

Why ,going back to 0.34, does McNeil have to sprint some 15-20 yds to tackle the winger, and why doesn't Taylor, being closer to do the winger by some 7 yds? not do it? McNeil's task should be to cut off any options that winger has, by covering his pass back, to his midfielder. Then they would have problems not us!
    By McNeil taking on the winger ,by the way he is really an attacker not a defender, he leaves Taylor and Mee, in no mans land. At best now they can only block ,any cross coming in, no other task, none of them could defend incoming Wet spam attackers.
    Fornals has now moved closer inside with an opportunity if the ball was crossed to him, to shoot at our goal. Unbelievably, he is free to shoot with no one even close to him, he must have some 7 yds pasture land open space where he is positioned. So if we have a coaching staff they must analyse, learn and make corrections. ''Veni, veni, vici.''

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)