+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our home form

Our home form

Absolutely diabolical,what can we put this down to? Poor form,lack of confidence ,no crowds ,manager .. We would be in the top ten if we had performed like the last few years.. What's gone wrong..

are not the only ones - Alf....many a team support at a complete loss at the tactical decisions, silly mistakes (repeated), inconsistent level of play etc etc....might expect the odd game like it, but it been a regular occurrence throughout the season...so much so, that for me, there's something else in play !

I said to the wife last night if our fans had been in last night, the last ten minutes of the game would have been bedlam and we would probably have nicked a point.

I think Liverpool have lost seven games at home this season, that would never happen with the Kop in full voice! I blame the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Absolutely diabolical,what can we put this down to? Poor form,lack of confidence ,no crowds ,manager .. We would be in the top ten if we had performed like the last few years.. What's gone wrong..
    One dimensional football , when it works and we take our chances it’s fine , but when we have to go looking for goals we lose our rigid shape and don’t have any speed merchants to get back with counter attacking teams.

This season teams have been more patient at the turf and picked us off at will. ( even when we take a lead ).

Also I’m a big fan of Mcneil and he really could be a superstar going forward , but if he doesn’t play or perform we are devoid of all creativity, we are an honest bunch of footballers, who sadly are just slipping of the pace with a manager who’s had no funds and doesn’t have the solutions at his disposal to change things drastically.

It’s one out football up to the big man , and if that doesn’t work we do it again it’s archaic really , against wolves there centre backs were poor which gave wood a chance and Mcneil was given freedom to do what he does best,

Wet ham were different they played a 5 in middle and over ran centrally getting straight at our back 4 , Mcneils outlet ball to wood was wasted time and again we concede possession and the cycle starts again, the striker with pace in the channels Vydra was the only one who worried Dawson but we keep kicking it to woods head and Vydra is subbed.

Most of our problems there in one short paragraph

It's difficult to say. Has anyone analysed the stats, apart from us and Pool are most teams losing more home games, if so it could be down to the 12th man?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    One dimensional football , when it works and we take our chances it’s fine , but when we have to go looking for goals we lose our rigid shape and don’t have any speed merchants to get back with counter attacking teams.

This season teams have been more patient at the turf and picked us off at will. ( even when we take a lead ).

Also I’m a big fan of Mcneil and he really could be a superstar going forward , but if he doesn’t play or perform we are devoid of all creativity, we are an honest bunch of footballers, who sadly are just slipping of the pace with a manager who’s had no funds and doesn’t have the solutions at his disposal to change things drastically.

It’s one out football up to the big man , and if that doesn’t work we do it again it’s archaic really , against wolves there centre backs were poor which gave wood a chance and Mcneil was given freedom to do what he does best,

Wet ham were different they played a 5 in middle and over ran centrally getting straight at our back 4 , Mcneils outlet ball to wood was wasted time and again we concede possession and the cycle starts again, the striker with pace in the channels Vydra was the only one who worried Dawson but we keep kicking it to woods head and Vydra is subbed.

Most of our problems there in one short paragraph
    Army you have summed it up perfectly.
    Our mid-field have been inconsistent all this season. As you suggest the plan always appears to be get the ball to the head of Wood, who has played well over the last few games, but when it is obviously not working we should be trying to use Vydra more by keeping the ball on the deck and trying for through passes.
    Unfortunately for us Dyche does not appear to see this and substitutes Vydra for JRod or Barnes hoping they can do better than Wood, which seldom works.

The fact that almost all our best performances this season have come away from home is surely no co-incidence. Playing to no crowds has definitely changed the footballing landscape. Hopefully we will put in a strong winning performance at Fulham.

Alfi : What's gone wrong..?
    Norder: Silly mistakes (repeated). Correct Norder!

When we make silly mistakes ,what is to be done? We have to correct them. Then who should be looking at our play (in this case our defence ) and correct them? Top of the pyramid is SD, under SD is his coaching staff. Norder has said, repeatedly. So do we have a coaching staff? What I see? I would say, no! ''I hear nowt, I see nowt and I say nowt!!

Lawton is not a defender, when you have a training session try him in a midfield position, he seems to fancy his chances going forward, he certainly is no defender. Certainly not as what was once called the left back position.
    If we look at the first goal he turned with his back to Antonio, with your back to Antonio ,the lad can not stop Antonio's attacking presence towards goal. In came his header ,the rest history. It is impossible to defend with your back towards the attacker!

Antonio's 2nd goal. What we have is 4 Burnley defenders in the penalty area and 1 Wet Spam, Antonio,.....and he grabs a phookin goal!!!! Before the ball is crossed, who is the only player that can score a goal, Antonio, so why practise ''social distancing??'' Two player near to Antonio being Tarks and Taylor. Tarks had his back to Anti, so he could have been closer, but ok not 100% at fault. But Taylor was in full awareness of the attacker and should have closed him down, not given him an inch, but it was like a gate was opened and in he went?? Who's next? Silly mistakes (repeated)? We have no coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Alfi : What's gone wrong..?
    Norder: Silly mistakes (repeated). Correct Norder!

When we make silly mistakes ,what is to be done? We have to correct them. Then who should be looking at our play (in this case our defence ) and correct them? Top of the pyramid is SD, under SD is his coaching staff. Norder has said, repeatedly. So do we have a coaching staff? What I see? I would say, no! ''I hear nowt, I see nowt and I say nowt!!

Lawton is not a defender, when you have a training session try him in a midfield position, he seems to fancy his chances going forward, he certainly is no defender. Certainly not as what was once called the left back position.
    If we look at the first goal he turned with his back to Antonio, with your back to Antonio ,the lad can not stop Antonio's attacking presence towards goal. In came his header ,the rest history. It is impossible to defend with your back towards the attacker!

Antonio's 2nd goal. What we have is 4 Burnley defenders in the penalty area and 1 Wet Spam, Antonio,.....and he grabs a phookin goal!!!! Before the ball is crossed, who is the only player that can score a goal, Antonio, so why practise ''social distancing??'' Two player near to Antonio being Tarks and Taylor. Tarks had his back to Anti, so he could have been closer, but ok not 100% at fault. But Taylor was in full awareness of the attacker and should have closed him down, not given him an inch, but it was like a gate was opened and in he went?? Who's next? Silly mistakes (repeated)? We have no coaching staff.
    I think your right to a point Balan , but you have to stop the supply ( where possible ) before it gets delivered to Antonio in the centre Centrally we are statuesque against more mobile teams who play with a five centrally.

I sympathise with Taylor a bit sometimes as he’s quite prepared to bomb on all day but receives no cover to his position- tired legs as usually it’s Mcneil in front of him and he’s not particularly good at tracking runners.

But as per my previous post we simply don’t have the legs centrally we become in effective as we don’t have the ball or the outlets as we’re not quick enough to get up and support wood and Vydra at one end and in transition going back to win the ball we’re too slow to catch the opposition up to win the ball back.

If you can watch the game again on sky from the other night watch our midfield and how laboured it is against ( granted an extra man ) but Cork is by passed , Mcneil sulks because can’t get on the ball Brownhill is fine but out of position - Westwood tries I’ll give him that - to me that’s the engine room and teams are now making our centre backs make rash decisions coming out to meet people because the midfield can’t protect them , and Lowton defensively is a weak link and teams know it.

I had to have a look at this because it interests me very much.

At the end of the last 4 seasons after all games had been played the total of home losses were:-
    2019/20 ---- 116: 2018/19 ----- 128: 2017/18 -----108: 2016/17 -----109:
    This season with the majority of teams still having 4 games to play there have been 132 home defeats.

Compared to last season we have suffered 7, the same number as the whole of last season ad 3 fewer than the season before.

Those suffering more home defeats this season than last are:-
    Manchester City: Manchester United: Spurs: Leicester: Liverpool: Arsenal: Wolves: Newcastle: Everton and Sheffield United.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)