+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deserved

Deserved

That was a deserved win. 3 goals plus 2 disallowed if you count Wooton's handball.

At 10 men, we looked better than them.
    Their only threat was the winger up against Dion.

I think we should go to a back 4 now though.

Ruben was outstanding.

If we play like that every game , we will get in to the playoffs no problem.

Mad season. Picked up 6 points against Sutton but none against Eastleigh or Aldershot. Crazy.

Also...Grant Holt is a massive ****a

Please Lord, if only we could play like that every week.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    That was a deserved win. 3 goals plus 2 disallowed if you count Wooton's handball.

At 10 men, we looked better than them.
    Their only threat was the winger up against Dion.

I think we should go to a back 4 now though.

Ruben was outstanding.

If we play like that every game , we will get in to the playoffs no problem.

Mad season. Picked up 6 points against Sutton but none against Eastleigh or Aldershot. Crazy.

Also...Grant Holt is a massive ****a
    A good briefing that manc

Agree, if any team deserved the 3 points it was definitely us. I was going to moan about how the ref only gave us 10% of the 50/50 decisions, but the penalty makes up for that. I thought it was debatable, but so were both of our disallowed goals. I just wonder why we seem to play better with 10 men? We seem more up for the battle, and every player gives every last ounce of effort. If only we could adopt that attitude with 11 on the pitch, we would be a few places higher than we currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Please Lord, if only we could play like that every week.
    We played like that against Torquay and Eastleigh for pretty large spells, we've just had no luck at all, Altrincham was a bad performance but we've bounced back and looked as good as we did previously under Burchnall in my opinion.

I think the signs are positive, we more often than not are putting our good performances and not getting the rub of the green in games, even if it evens out slightly and we don't perform quite as well we still look a decent side, if teams could stop scoring their first shots on target against us every game it would be a great help

Having seen nearly all the teams in this league we really shouldn't fear anyone.
    Sutton, IMO, were the best team we have come up against and we were better than them on the back of poor form.
    Could we be that team that goes into the playoffs as the form team?

As IB said in his interview, the fact they played with intensity actually helped us to do the same. We’ve got to play at that pace every game. The changes worked as well. Positive performances all over the pitch but I thought Ruben, Chicksen and Miller were outstanding and I was impressed with Sam when he came on.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but how good did L-O do for the peno. Won the header then chased it down and drew the foul. What a signing that lad's been, carrying Rawlo.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Having seen nearly all the teams in this league we really shouldn't fear anyone.
    Agree, but I think the big problem is that we've feared most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Could we be that team that goes into the playoffs as the form team?
    Today has given us the perfect springboard to do just that.