+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you have Hirst back next season?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    No. Look at the lad Luton had playing last night, Adebayo. Beat up our defence, none of them could handle him and he hit the woodwork. They got him in January from Walsall....

No disrespect to Walsall but shows that there are better players out there, even at the lower level. Scouting needs to be better, not trying to get something out of a player who doesn't have it IMO.

We need to scout harder in the lower leagues for some gems
    I understand that and I’d prefer we get our own players playing but depending how many leave and what the budget is then loans it will be, Hirst knows us and getting more games under his belt will show that he will be a good player (hope) will he want to come back though?
    I don’t always agree with management but in this case if they see he’s worth it then so do I

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I understand that and I’d prefer we get our own players playing but depending how many leave and what the budget is then loans it will be, Hirst knows us and getting more games under his belt will show that he will be a good player (hope) will he want to come back though?
    I don’t always agree with management but in this case if they see he’s worth it then so do I
    We will always need a few loans to top up what we have or add that little extra quality. Practically all clubs do and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not advocating saying no to loans.

What I'm trying to say is don't have those as the primary go to options. Look down the leagues, thoroughly scout any that stand out and look to recruit that way. They will be relatively cheap, even with our tight purse strings. There are players out there, look for those on the way up rather than those dropping down.

We will have a very competitive League 1 budget, even without sales but of course even more so with.

I get what you're saying but I just don't see it with GH. Easy perhaps with the fact he hasn't scored but I don't see anything that makes me think he even would in the league below. I don't see what he brings, how we would use him. Just my opinion and he may prove me wrong, good luck to the lad, I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Assuming we go down....

Ok he's been hardly an inspired signing this year but he might be ok at a lower level next year. He knows Warney and how the team plays. He would fit straight in.

Like I mentioned on another thread we also need to keep Giles who would be good in League 1 I reckon. He has looked the part defensively the last couple of games and we all know what he offers going forward.

The future dunt need to be all bad next season.
    Roly, it has to be a no from me. He may well have not ‘started’ many but has come on as sub 25+ times and no end product. Add to that what price the subsidised wage we’ve have to pay gor his loan period.

Like previously mentioned, it’s time to bring Kayode home and see what he can bring to our game and, ‘he’s ours’ so no loan payment required.

The likes of Wing and Giles remaining would be an enormous benefit but, Wing is a Champ player so that wouldn’t be a starter but possibly Giles could re sign.
    Last edited by Brin; 05-05-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    You are begging to sound like Gru with his Lamy affair

Does anyone seriously think that we will be able to "cash in" on Freddie?

I don't think Hirst was ready for chumpship football, but he does have potential which he might be able to build on at a lower level. I haven't seen much of Kayode so can't say whether we should welcome him back for next season. Presumably the management are best placed to make that decision.

Not for me,very average player on this season's showing as others have said give JJ a go.
    Would love to see Wing and Giles back though.
    I don't see both Smith and Ladapo leaving either.

Loan players are here on the basis that we are a championship club. Doubtful if they'll lend these same players to a league three outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Does anyone seriously think that we will be able to "cash in" on Freddie?

I don't think Hirst was ready for chumpship football, but he does have potential which he might be able to build on at a lower level. I haven't seen much of Kayode so can't say whether we should welcome him back for next season. Presumably the management are best placed to make that decision.
    Hit the nail on the head Mygiddypant, Hirst was not a player for championship football, he was brought in has a novice
    to play play in a league, far above his capabilities, we might has well kept Kayode at the club, & used him instead.
    Some posters on the Millers site, say Kayode was not ready for championship football, but in the same instance Hirst
    is not.
    Kayode is learning his trade in the second division, that is where Hirst should have been, who checked Hirst out, football
    wise, was it watching videos, or was he watched in the under 21's of Leicester City.
    To me not a player for us on loan, next season.

Nooooo

Question is, would he want to come back?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast