+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Warne dare to leave Wiles out Saturday and play Lindsay instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    I was about to type exactly the same Grumpy. I don't think that knocking bolts into girders with his head when he was working 25 hours a day 8 days per week were good for him.

Great times though.
    What work you done? Not alot I bet. I did an engineering apprenticeship passed it after 4 years. Worked on machine tools centre lathes mostly. I don't like talking about work but idiots like you make me!

I don’t think Lindsay’s looked as energetic post-injury compared to before. Probably one of those carrying something.

You're right harpo. Lindsay has been anonymous since his return with little of the energy and bite we saw previously. He's not overblessed with Championship level skills and if the buzz is missing he shouldn't be selected.Maybe he hasn't properly recovered from his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Any thoughts that Lindsay might be injured/carrying a knock and that's why he didn't make an appearance last night? I know he was on the bench but so was Angus.
    That question was raised on Radio Sheffield tonight and the guy hosting the show?? said no, Lindsay was fit to play and Warne chose not to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    That question was raised on Radio Sheffield tonight and the guy hosting the show?? said no, Lindsay was fit to play and Warne chose not to play him.
    On the evidence of our last few games 'fit to play' is not a very high bar to clear looking at some of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    On the evidence of our last few games 'fit to play' is not a very high bar to clear looking at some of our players.
    In other words, carrying no injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    In other words, carrying no injuries.
    We even sent Hirst home with a “ hammy” for his troubles

Young Wiles for me is a supreme talent and I think we are forgetting that it is only his 2nd full playing season with us. It's absolutely spot on about him needing to play the central midfield role as he has proved that is his best position, and from the outside looking in, sometimes it seems PW has played him at full back/ wing back even when it has seemed like there have been others who could do that job, and there is regular postings on here about square pegs in round holes.
    I know we have had a lot of injuries/illness this season, but young Wiles needs looking after and after the weekend he will get his well earned rest UTM

Putting Wiles on the pitch effectively puts him in the shop window

Could be gone in close season

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Putting Wiles on the pitch effectively puts him in the shop window

Could be gone in close season
    I believe that young Wiles would be better suited by having another season, at least, with us but if someone else could see the potential in the lad, and by someone else I mean a bigger club, then maybe they will take a chance and develop him themselves.
    Someone said they thought Wiles needs to get in the Gym and build himself up as he gets knocked off the ball too easily, but I can see he has built himself up over the last couple of years, and he gets knocked off the ball because he keeps hold of it too long, something nobody can do at championship level.
    The lad is still learning, but he is the best player we have had come through the ranks for a long long time, and I can see him playing for a bigger club in the not too distant future UTM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast