+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Warne dare to leave Wiles out Saturday and play Lindsay instead?

Will Warne dare to leave Wiles out Saturday and play Lindsay instead?

That game last night was crying out for Lindsay but once again for another unexplained reason, Wiles played a full almost non existent game....why?

Okay, players are tired but Wiles didn't get involved as much as Lindsay would have in the middle. Fatigued, they all are but, I don't get this love in with Wiles and Warne , what's either trying to prove?

Think Warney he's hoping Wiles & Hirst come good but we haven't got time for maybe they could. At least Lindsay will be fresher at Cardiff for the rest. Sadlier I'd sooner see than Hirst anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Think Warney he's hoping Wiles & Hirst come good but we haven't got time for maybe they could. At least Lindsay will be fresher at Cardiff for the rest. Sadlier I'd sooner see than Hirst anyway.
    Hirst returned to Leicester 3 days ago.

Do me a favour Gru, as its really making my teeth itch when I read your posts:

instead of writing things like; "think warney he's hoping....",

Write:

"Think warney IS hoping ....."

Cheers.

Ps, I agree with the sentiment regarding Wiles by the way. He needs resting.

Wiles has been disappointing this season. Maybe playing him all over the park doesn’t do the lad any good. Still rate him .

I was about to type exactly the same Grumpy. I don't think that knocking bolts into girders with his head when he was working 25 hours a day 8 days per week were good for him.

Great times though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Wiles has been disappointing this season. Maybe playing him all over the park doesn’t do the lad any good. Still rate him .
    Definitely needs to be played centrally consistently. None of this utility left back / wing back nonsense as it doesn't work for many reasons. Same with out wide.

If I were at the club I would encourage him to get in the gym over the off season, get some muscle on and beef up. Knocked off the ball all too easily unfortunately. Also, be brave on the ball but play smart, he isn't going to dribble around numerous players at this level. Pass and move, simple. Easy.

Pass and move is something we need to work on throughout the squad though, not exclusive to Wiles

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Definitely needs to be played centrally consistently. None of this utility left back / wing back nonsense as it doesn't work for many reasons. Same with out wide.

If I were at the club I would encourage him to get in the gym over the off season, get some muscle on and beef up. Knocked off the ball all too easily unfortunately. Also, be brave on the ball but play smart, he isn't going to dribble around numerous players at this level. Pass and move, simple. Easy.

Pass and move though is something we need to work on throughout the squad though, not exclusive to Wiles.
    Here's hoping he reads these comments. No one is dissing him, it's just that he's either too brave or too scared to tell Warne he needs the rest, as though he may feel he's letting his team mates down.

We all know he's got it in the locker but it requires the correct development and timing to bring him through, in order to progress his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    A fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Here's hoping he reads these comments. No one is dissing him, it's just that he's either too brave or too scared to tell Warne he needs the rest, as though he may feel he's letting his team mates down.

We all know he's got it in the locker but it requires the correct development and timing to bring him through, in order to progress his game.
    Perfect word to use, development. He only turned 22 a couple of weeks ago, he's still a young lad, developing. That's why it is more important to play in a set position consistently with a clear idea of what's needed. Otherwise you become a utility guy who has no clear role and then you get shoehorned in because of your versatility. His talent shouldn't be wasted because he can 'do a job' in other areas.

But he has still so much potential and that's exciting. We need to develop him properly and obviously develop himself physically and with experience etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    That game last night was crying out for Lindsay but once again for another unexplained reason, Wiles played a full almost non existent game....why?

Okay, players are tired but Wiles didn't get involved as much as Lindsay would have in the middle. Fatigued, they all are but, I don't get this love in with Wiles and Warne , what's either trying to prove?
    Any thoughts that Lindsay might be injured/carrying a knock and that's why he didn't make an appearance last night? I know he was on the bench but so was Angus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast