+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Trouble at the Holiday Inn Express Wath-on-Dearne Today.

O/T Trouble at the Holiday Inn Express Wath-on-Dearne Today.

I went to Aldi this morning at Wath-on-Dearne, which is across the road from
    the Holiday Inn Express.
    The hotel is used for refugee asylum seekers, to which the hotel has a police
    car stationed on a regular basis.
    Today there were 5 police cars & 2 police transit vans outside, police went in with
    a battering ram.
    when I came out of Aldi there were some of the hotel occupants outside, but most
    of the police inside the building.
    It seems the hotel has problems with the asylum seekers on a regular basis, that's
    why they have a police car there on a regular basis.

I feel sorry for the staff.

Priti Patel is doing a terrible job, I think there'e about 30 dinghies coming across the channel every day.

And it's largely Cameron's fault for destabilising Libya and helping remove Gaddafi.

2000 people arrived in Lampedusa yesterday.

It wants the local darts association to meet em half way, & get some darts practice in
    on the dinghies.

That's where we have often stayed when we've been over because it's handy for Barnsley, Rotherham and Mexborough/Doncaster and close to buses and walks around Manvers. It's a shame because it is/was quite a nice place, nice staff and a good breakfast. Also helps having Aldi across the road for grabbing some food/beer/wine. Never seen any signs of trouble there so maybe a recent thing as we haven't been for 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That's where we have often stayed when we've been over because it's handy for Barnsley, Rotherham and Mexborough/Doncaster and close to buses and walks around Manvers. It's a shame because it is/was quite a nice place, nice staff and a good breakfast. Also helps having Aldi across the road for grabbing some food/beer/wine. Never seen any signs of trouble there so maybe a recent thing as we haven't been for 18 months.
    The Pop Idol singers used to stay there too when they were on tour, and go to the pub across the road.

They have to be put somewhere (on an island in middle of nowhere would do) I suppose the owners will have been paid well and probably don’t give a **** about the staff

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    They have to be put somewhere (on an island in middle of nowhere would do) I suppose the owners will have been paid well and probably don’t give a **** about the staff
    If only they had kept the pits open

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It's one of our sponsors, Mears, who have the contract for housing asylum seekers in the North of England.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    If only they had kept the pits open
    It looks a lot better now TBH, it used to be the biggest piece of waste ground in Europe, with loads of slag heaps and obscene graffiti about a local policeman.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It looks a lot better now TBH, it used to be the biggest piece of waste ground in Europe, with loads of slag heaps and obscene graffiti about a local policeman.
    I worked there 19 years at Manvers Coal Preperation Plant, working on Loading shovels
    & Dumpers, taking the coal waste & tailings to the slurry ponds, across the Bolton road
    near TC Cooks car stock in field, over river Dearne to the ponds & slag heaps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast