+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boris sends in the navy.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This is how the country is run...by a ruling elite who control the media and politics.

Typically they go to Eton, or some other posh toff school

They usually go into politics without working a day in their life, they are usually born multi millionaires anyway. Their lives don't correlate with the average working man.

They have powerful friends in the media who support them, whilst they are in office. They use their media platforms to manipulate public opinion to create support for this person.

The ordinary working person reads this manipulation, usually in the form of print media.

The ordinary working bloke, vote for these people constantly. Despite the fact these people look after themselves first and foremost and their friends a close 2nd.

That's why half of our PMs have been educated at Eton and only a handful have been to non fee paying schools.

And rinse and repeat. This is the cycle.
    Absolutely spot on.
    But unfortunately Labour don't have a leader that gives confidence to the majority of the electorate.
    The party was formed as a child of the trade unions to represent the British working man, but unfortunately they changed that agenda years ago. Now they appear to be for everyone except the British working man.
    They need to get back to basics and represent the people who they were formed to represent.
    I have always voted Labour in the past but I couldn't vote for this bunch, a ship without a rudder.
    I would never vote for the Eton toffs though.

I was a Labour member for many years also paid my dues through my union subs.
    I sent them a letter to explain why I wasn't renewing my membership over our West Brom MPs trying to block Brexit.
    They didn't even bother to reply.
    Now I've become a non voter.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Absolutely spot on.
    But unfortunately Labour don't have a leader that gives confidence to the majority of the electorate.
    The party was formed as a child of the trade unions to represent the British working man, but unfortunately they changed that agenda years ago. Now they appear to be for everyone except the British working man.
    They need to get back to basics and represent the people who they were formed to represent.
    I have always voted Labour in the past but I couldn't vote for this bunch, a ship without a rudder.
    I would never vote for the Eton toffs though.

Totally agree Des! Many thought Corbin was an idiot but in my view he was far from an idiot and could have been the Robin Hood of today had he not been anti Jewish - got in bed with terrorists - wanted to eradicate our already diminishing armed forces amongst other things.
    He did talk some sense but it was clouded with all of the above which saw him on his bike!

Not convinced of Boris as trade with the EU is still a mess and he was too slow with the virus. Boris to his credit though has done a great job now with vaccinations and it’s always the latest deed many remember!

Had no idea Boris developed the vaccines and was doing all of the inoculations personally. Must be a busy boy.

It was a little distasteful of him to go with the black face while dressed in a nurse's uniform when he gave me the jab though, I must email my MP and complain......

........ racist right wing Tory bassa'.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree Des! Many thought Corbin was an idiot but in my view he was far from an idiot and could have been the Robin Hood of today had he not been anti Jewish - got in bed with terrorists - wanted to eradicate our already diminishing armed forces amongst other things.
    He did talk some sense but it was clouded with all of the above which saw him on his bike!

Not convinced of Boris as trade with the EU is still a mess and he was too slow with the virus. Boris to his credit though has done a great job now with vaccinations and it’s always the latest deed many remember!
    What turned me off Corbyn was his crawling to the remainers to try and get power. An honourable man would have accepted the majority vote of the people and honoured their decision.
    This is why he lost the election by a landslide,his credibility had gone. People saw a desperate man. I didn't vote.
    If it wasn't bad enough he turned up in Wolverhampton wearing a Wolves scarf and went to Brum and shouted Up the Villa.
    That clinched it for me.🙂

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I was a Labour member for many years also paid my dues through my union subs.
    I sent them a letter to explain why I wasn't renewing my membership over our West Brom MPs trying to block Brexit.
    They didn't even bother to reply.
    Now I've become a non voter.
    When I was a union rep about twenty years ago, we were all members of the Labour party.
    We had a vote at the civic centre revoke our membership, the vote was carried.
    We didn't like what the party was becoming. Blair was the leader at the time, never a Labour man in a million years.

Back on topic....... interestingly the UK navy did not involve itself with the French vessels and Rey stood well away from the alleged blockade. The reporting by the media is very wide of the mark in regards to what the actions of the naval ships and has taken the whole incident out of context.

Interestingly the French navy now have three large-ish warships in and around the Bay of St Malo.

Waiting for our licenses to be issued to the French in the near future to see what happens then!

If the French come here they better look out, co’s I’ll be the first to join the local Militia and go down to to the White Rock harbour and throw stones at em. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Back on topic....... interestingly the UK navy did not involve itself with the French vessels and Rey stood well away from the alleged blockade. The reporting by the media is very wide of the mark in regards to what the actions of the naval ships and has taken the whole incident out of context.

Interestingly the French navy now have three large-ish warships in and around the Bay of St Malo.

Waiting for our licenses to be issued to the French in the near future to see what happens then!

If the French come here they better look out, co’s I’ll be the first to join the local Militia and go down to to the White Rock harbour and throw stones at em. ��

White Rock Harbour doesn't sound very inclusive BMG - I imagine someone far cleverer than myself will be along at some point to explain the link between racism and the xenophobic rhetoric you've exampled towards the Frog Eaters. Shame on you.....😊 .

And now I'm reading our Navy boats are returning to the UK.

How convenient...

The timing of those headlines were almost perfect for the Tories weren't they.

I will give the Tories this, as much as they screw the country over - their PR is fantastic. They know how to win votes from naïve people.

Uncharacteristically accommodating of the Normans to synchronise their activities with the timing of our local elections.

Only by us we were only voting for a new mayor and police commissioner.

Better luck next time you frog eating barstewards, now fk off back to Normandy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)