+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All english final.

All english final.

Man city v chelsea. Everyone happy with a all english final i am. I probably wont watch it but i always prefer a english team to do it i am english after all. Also does the side that win it automatically qualify nxt year so potentially next year top 5 champions league gives us a better chance 😁

Although the players are laced with greed, it’s not their fault nor the supporters that their greedy morally vacant owners tried to sell English football down the river. I suppose I’m happy for the fans that it’s two English teams in the final but I’m afraid that the actions of their owners have left me quite ambivalent towards their achievement. I simply couldn’t care less.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Although the players are laced with greed, it’s not their fault nor the supporters that their greedy morally vacant owners tried to sell English football down the river. I suppose I’m happy for the fans that it’s two English teams in the final but I’m afraid that the actions of their owners have left me quite ambivalent towards their achievement. I simply couldn’t care less.
    I know what you mean it would be nice for Lester to qualify and win it next yr.

I'm not too fussed that it's all English final really. I used to support the British clubs in Europe years ago when they had 90% British players laikin for em but as time's gone on I don't really bother with it anymore. I'd prefer your underdogs like Ajax and Porto to do well.

Ajax are a great club with a great history and identity but because of the money in the bigger leagues across Europe, they've been left behind in recent times because the eredivisie in Holland is probably on a par with the championship. It was great to see them have a renaissance a couple of years ago and they should've reached the final of the champions league but were robbed by Spurs. They had a very good young team and lost in the Europa final to man utd the year before that too.

When tha looks at it the Champions league is a load of bullshyte. The year Spurs laiked Liverpool in the final for instance. At the time of that final neither team had won their domestic title for a combined 89 years. Liverpool's last domestic title at the time was in 1990, Spurs was 1961. Champions my arse!

Hope they both loose. Ill never want any of the 12 to win irrespective of country.

The winners of 99.9 % of major trophies are won by teams who can afford to spend money like water!
    I hate the Champions league now as much as I do the FA Cup and Premier League.
    I loved it when Leicester won the League as it was real kick up the ar5e to the so called elite clubs, it would be a bigger miracle if a team as big as Nottingham Forest won the Champions league again!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    Hope they both loose. Ill never want any of the 12 to win irrespective of country.
    I dont give a monkeys toss either, I hope they both kick the hell out of each other and that its one of the worst ever matches!.