+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could Erik Alonso's Derby County Takeover Be in Jeopardy

Could Erik Alonso's Derby County Takeover Be in Jeopardy

News coming out, regarding the takeover of Derby County by Erik Alonso, it
    seems that Alonso is looking to refinance Pride Park to fund the deal.
    So was the supposed investment money never actually on the table, or did
    it actually exist.
    Seems a right carry on, so a bloke comes in, says I want to buy your football
    club, but I can't pay upfront, I will have to borrow money, by refinancing the
    clubs football stadium.
    So actually the bloke is not putting money into the club, instead he becomes
    the owner, refinances the clubs stadium, to pay for the club.
    Therefore putting the football club further into the red.

Both Derby & Weds are in deep doodar .. especially if 1 or both go down.

When it came out that there’s was a deal on table I did at the time smell a rat so no surprise to me

The only prob for us is if there are any points deductions it will be next season. It stinks.

Here’s to it all falling through once again 🍾

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The only prob for us is if there are any points deductions it will be next season. It stinks.
    And therein lies more snail pace procedures allowing clubs to get away with it not being dealt with immediate affect, ie close season. They are playing it well so if any penalty points are incurred, they have a full season to wipe them out.

This process utterly stinks all the way through.

I thought Mel Morris (current owner) bought the ground to inject cash into the club previously (a bit like SWFC and Chansiri)???

I don't think the deal will go through, regardless if they stay up or go down.

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    Both Derby & Weds are in deep doodar .. especially if 1 or both go down.
    One of them has to go down, whatever happens on Saturday UTM

What news I had seen I put in post 1 but now there is more news, regarding the takeover by Alonso.

Alonso has shown there are funds to complete the takeover of Derby County, which the EFL have yet
    to ratify the deal, but then the twist.
    Alonso does not want to use his funds to complete the takeover, he wants to re-finance Pride Park
    instead. which I reported in post 1.
    Where has his funds come from, are there investors providing the funds, if I was Mel Morris, i would be
    smelling a rat.
    Not forgetting the EFL have appealed a decision against Derby County, by a independent panel, which
    the Pride Park sale before was one of the issues. Which nothing has been said, are the appeal panel
    waiting until the end of the season, to see what position Derby County are in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    What news I had seen I put in post 1 but now there is more news, regarding the takeover by Alonso.

Alonso has shown there are funds to complete the takeover of Derby County, which the EFL have yet
    to ratify the deal, but then the twist.
    Alonso does not want to use his funds to complete the takeover, he wants to re-finance Pride Park
    instead. which I reported in post 1.
    Where has his funds come from, are there investors providing the funds, if I was Mel Morris, i would be
    smelling a rat.
    Not forgetting the EFL have appealed a decision against Derby County, by a independent panel, which
    the Pride Park sale before was one of the issues. Which nothing has been said, are the appeal panel
    waiting until the end of the season, to see what position Derby County are in the league.
    'The appeal panel waiting until the end of the season, to see what position Derby County are in the league"

Which also stinks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast