+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions League Final - City v Chelsea in Turkey.

Lightbulb Champions League Final - City v Chelsea in Turkey.

Are EUFA completely mad?

Covid restrictions, travel bans and yet the Zurich gnomes insist on the venue being in Turkey.

Words fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Are EUFA completely mad?

Covid restrictions, travel bans and yet the Zurich gnomes insist on the venue being in Turkey.

Words fail me.
    Both these clubs wanted to break with the Premier League and play the majority of their football outside the UK, therefore, UEFA are giving them that chance.
    I hope that they make them quarantine when they come back, as my son has had to do on his return from a 6 month unaccompanied tour on anti-terrorist operations.

Last weekend we had the FA Vase and FA Trophy finals played at Wembley without any fans present, even though the FA Cup semi-final played just two weeks before had 4000 fans allowed. The hardy fans of Hebburn, Consett, Harrogate and Concord were all denied the chance to see their team performing on the big stage ---something which may never happen again to them.
    Eat your heart out City and Chelsea fans until the next final appearance. Sod the lot of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Both these clubs wanted to break with the Premier League and play the majority of their football outside the UK, therefore, UEFA are giving them that chance.
    I hope that they make them quarantine when they come back, as my son has had to do on his return from a 6 month unaccompanied tour on anti-terrorist operations.

Last weekend we had the FA Vase and FA Trophy finals played at Wembley without any fans present, even though the FA Cup semi-final played just two weeks before had 4000 fans allowed. The hardy fans of Hebburn, Consett, Harrogate and Concord were all denied the chance to see their team performing on the big stage ---something which may never happen again to them.
    Eat your heart out City and Chelsea fans until the next final appearance. Sod the lot of them!
    Certainly a different perspective Supersub6, but I do feel sorry for the fans of the two teams who are being denied the once in a lifetime opportunity.

Certainly a different perspective Supersub6, but I do feel sorry for the fans of the two teams who are being denied the once in a lifetime opportunity.
    Don't worry BT.All Covid restrictions will be over when we get to the final in Salt Lake City

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    Don't worry BT.All Covid restrictions will be over when we get to the final in Salt Lake City
    Lol!

If they played it at the bottom of my garden I would draw the curtains as I've no interest whatsoever in either of the money sucking clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    If they played it at the bottom of my garden I would draw the curtains as I've no interest whatsoever in either of the money sucking clubs.
    hope that'd be over the fence, not in your garden Alf.....?

anyway....thought these elite sportsmen/actors/politicians or any in the Entertainment Industry...were given a free pass, they must be "special"

....like all the super yacht folk coptering in their mates for big parties aboard....same on the private Islands and big spreads in kenya etc....a case of - what Covid ?

Last edited by Norder; 06-05-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Exactly Norder.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Exactly Norder.
    seems - Alf.... that one area of business has been raking it in.

Private Jet Charter.

Are EUFA completely mad?

Words fail me.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you on this BT. Turkey is on the red list and fans should not be travelling to this game. Venue should be switched to the UK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)