+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This ballot system!

This ballot system!

I know its good news for fans to be allowed back in and all that, but could the club clarify how this ballot works?!

Surely it stands to reason (whether I would get included in this or not I'm not sure) that the 4500 tickets should go to the longest season ticket holders ?

I've been a season ticket holder for 30 odd years, so why should someone who has only been a season ticket holder for say 10 years get the nod infront of myself?

I remember the fiasco with the FA Cup game away at Liverpool and I didnt get a sodding ticket for that!

Again whether I get in or not, its only fair that the first 4500 should be the ones who have renewed their season tickets the longest, if they opt not to have them it goes to the next on the list

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I know its good news for fans to be allowed back in and all that, but could the club clarify how this ballot works?!

Surely it stands to reason (whether I would get included in this or not I'm not sure) that the 4500 tickets should go to the longest season ticket holders ?

I've been a season ticket holder for 30 odd years, so why should someone who has only been a season ticket holder for say 10 years get the nod infront of myself?

I remember the fiasco with the FA Cup game away at Liverpool and I didnt get a sodding ticket for that!

Again whether I get in or not, its only fair that the first 4500 should be the ones who have renewed their season tickets the longest, if they opt not to have them it goes to the next on the list
    Am unsure on this but didnt some of our fans get 4 or 5 flexi tickets to use and if so wat was it for and how many got them.i no ive red summat but mi brains gone.

A season ticket holder is a season ticket holder to me irrespective of how long they've had one. Age obviously comes into it when there people in their 50s, 60s etcetera who are long term fans but tha might get a young un in their 20s whose watched em ova a decade. They're still as committed in my eyes and shouldn't be discounted simply because they've been on the planet less time.

Thuz no easy way o doing it so there's gonna be many a disappointed fan who miss art. Tha can't please everybody in a situation like this.

Away ticket stubs should play a part for me. Those folk who travel everywhere supporting the Reds come rain, sleet or shine. Those that go to Ipswich, Reading and Plymouth away on a Tuesday night should be afforded first refusal in my opinion, providing they can produce their ticket stubs.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A season ticket holder is a season ticket holder to me irrespective of how long they've had one. Age obviously comes into it when there people in their 50s, 60s etcetera who are long term fans but tha might get a young un in their 20s whose watched em ova a decade. They're still as committed in my eyes and shouldn't be discounted simply because they've been on the planet less time.

Thuz no easy way o doing it so there's gonna be many a disappointed fan who miss art. Tha can't please everybody in a situation like this.

Away ticket stubs should play a part for me. Those folk who travel everywhere supporting the Reds come rain, sleet or shine. Those that go to Ipswich, Reading and Plymouth away on a Tuesday night should be afforded first refusal in my opinion, providing they can produce their ticket stubs.
    fair point regarding younger st holders. What about fans who go to semis being the last to get offered a ticket if we make it to final would that be fair.

no matter what the club do someone will not agree with it, what I would like is for the lucky few to be very noisy and back the players all the way no getting on their backs, I will be watching on the tv. I did not renew this last season all the ones that did deserve the chance they have not seen a game for their £300 or so.

What about the st holders that do a 170 mile round trip to every home game lol? Yes, the point is there are all sorts of ways that fans show their commitment to the club and it's difficult for the club to set a fair criteria. I don't expect to get one as I attend games on my own. More likely that the tickets will be given to family bubbles etc. So long as we're given access via iFollow I'm not too bothered. But as you say Reds, I hope the fans who do get in support the team positively.

As Tempting as it is. Im going nowhere till ive had my 2nd jab. Sad that i feel this way about the world atm. But i can see half the usual session ticket holders being disappointed.. will they then get first option if we get to Wembley? Is the only fair question i can think of .

No ifollow code for the playoffs. They are exclusive to Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    No ifollow code for the playoffs. They are exclusive to Sky
    Are you basing that on what happens in a normal season Nozzer? Just wondering whether the exceptional circumstances of this season will make them consider putting them on iFollow, even if we have to pay?