+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallagher joins Aberdeen

Gallagher joins Aberdeen

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/05/06/sco...-pre-contract/

Not a bad move for him but it is a touch amusing when our folk end up there (or Edinburgh) having touted themselves for proper bigger things...

We did well out of Gallagher, no question, but the last months mean his departure is pretty meh.

No surprise I guess. Yes, he did well for us.

Ain't bovverred TBH. Bit of a 1 season wonder IMO. Did well when he came, but as the 'big time Charlie' mentality seeped into his game / off-field activities I knew he was for the off.

A dreich, wet, cauld, windy, haar-ridden North Sea training ground is not something I'd choose no matter the £'s.

Awrabest ... not !

A great first season but average second one. Graham Alexander will be glad to see him move on for the sake of dressing room spirit. I've no problem with him moving on to better himself and wish him no ill will but he handled to entire situation poorly from start to finish, especially given his status as captain.

Agreed; apart from the 'no ill will' comment ...

Hope Alexander in the next two games leaves Gallagher on the bench and plays people who still want to play for our football club

Could not agree more, no point in playing Dec in the last two games, but not getting the hostily towards him. We got possibly the best two years of his professional career out of him. Wish him well, but the Dandy fans are basically twisted tossers who already have the knives out for him. He probably won't meet their expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy91 View Post
    Could not agree more, no point in playing Dec in the last two games, but not getting the hostily towards him.
    I don't think many, if indeed any, Well fans have taken umbrage at his decision to move for more money. He's now 30 and this will be his last opportunity to land a big deal, in Scottish terms anyway. The hostility towards him arises from his handling of the situation. He, or his representative ran to the media in January complaining about a provision in his contract, that he himself signed. He signed that contract before making his international debut and when it seemed like a good deal to him. When he got a bit of international recognition his star rose and it turned his head. It seems he managed to get the extension clause removed, to the detriment of the club. If thats not enough, the PCA with Aberdeen was made public a couple of weeks before it needed to be. If all that isn't enough he's been our captain this season, although he hasn't lived up to his club status. Hopefully, that explains the hostility shown towards him by many fans.

When you put it like that.........yeah ph@#k him!!! ☺

I DO take umbrage at him turning his back on ME! I am of the old school and don't care how much money he is or will make - football to me as a supporter is not about money, its about supporting a team and doing your best for the team. However, gone are the days where players cared about anything but themselves, and teams like Motherwell are merely a transitory means to that end.

I am heartily sick of us collecting an army of unknown players (and paying all their wages), and whenever one comes good (thanks to our coaches .....or physiotherapists) he just offs with barely a thankyou. For a start, I would sue him for what he cost US in training and football education - a kind of 'value added' tax. Then I would ask myself WHY are these players leaving. Get the squad numbers down and use the money to top their offers from elsewhere. (Players we WANT rid of notwithstanding!) The football authorities fell down badly when they caved in to Freedom of Contract; they should have made release fees mandatory. Och, I could go on all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)