+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne may resign

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    He could decide he's had enough with football management.
    Understandable considering the amount of criticism he's received from some fans
    Minority, surely he’s grown up enough to ignore them

It’s when he sees a Stubbs scenario at Oakwell then he’ll know it’s time
    Last edited by millertop; 07-05-2021 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Minority, surely he’s grown up enough to ignore them

It’s when he sees a Stubbs scenario at Oakwell then he’ll know it’s time
    I don't think so. If you read between the lines of his interviews this week he mentions the negativity.
    The criticism was also mentioned by the management team when it was grim last nov
    I don't he,ll resign but I wouldnt blame him if he did

Maybe but he has his followers and many praises also,rough with the smooth…or smooth with the rough..

Put it this way, if he goes and we go down I can't see us getting back up next season. We may even go down again. Warne is a unique fit for our club I don't think we will easily replace him.

Don't go Paul.

If he was to resign then more than likely would not go to another club to mange, more than likely be looking to go back to school

It’s a minority and he has just got to deal with it if he stay in management, maybe go and see a therapist to learn him how to deal with things
    Last edited by millertop; 07-05-2021 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    If he was to resign then more than likely would not go to another club to mange, more than likely be looking to go back to school

It’s a minority and he has just got to deal with it if he stay in management, maybe go and see a therapist to learn him how to deal with things
    I agree MT I certainly cant see him resigning and then going to another club, because hes as honest as they come and that wouldnt fit in with his good guy persona, and whilst I'm sure the criticism has hurt him, he should be able to deal with that......as roly said "Dont go Paul" UTM

Criticism, or as others see it as constructive feedback, applies to ANY football Manager Paul Warne is not unique in his role.

It comes with the role he's in and that he should expect some flak whilst doing it. Like someone previously posted, if he wants to see awful vitriolic abuse look at what happened to Stubbs at Barnsley, even if we were playing poor and going nowhere but down, that was unwarranted and uncalled for.

There's been far too much cotton wool protection wrapped around Warne by his faithful flock when constructive criticism was due for his failings at certain times of the season. I'm sure even Warne recognises that. If he were to walk away for that reason only, then he's a poor character.

I don't for one minute thing Warne will walk if we're relegated unless it's to another club like Donny, low expectations, little money and the odd promotion to keep them happy. The real truth underneath all of this IF he walks, is because he hasn't been given the financial backing that the role demands in the championship but, Warne is too polite to say anything like that about Stewart.

Maybe the ones on here constantly taking the piss out of someone for being a thoroughly decent person are the ones who need therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Maybe the ones on here constantly taking the piss out of someone for being a thoroughly decent person are the ones who need therapy.
    I’m 100% sure he does not look on here.

Maybe you should look at yourself name calling posters on here

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    TLC, Go on then give us an example of someone taking the piss because he's a throughly decent person.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast