+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne may resign

I'd like him to stay (better the devil you know) but wouldn't blame him at all if he left for pastures new. Sometimes in a job (been there, done it, got the tee shirt) you know you've got as far as you're going to and you have to decide if you're just going to sit and stagnate or look for a new challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    TLC, Go on then give us an example of someone taking the piss because he's a throughly decent person.
    TLC is right Brin, there is usually a comment here and there about barbeques and him keeping everyone happy, which is a dig at him being a nice man, so please dont tell me you've never noticed those kind of comments UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Absolutely right gf, but gru doesnt let the truth get in the way of linking something that he can use to show PW in a poor light UTM
    Was told at the time by someone whose in the know Warney switched to the away dugout cause her wife got involved with Roth U away fans at Donny when they were calling Warney

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Was told at the time by someone whose in the know Warney switched to the away dugout cause her wife got involved with Roth U away fans at Donny when they were calling Warney
    And how would swapping the dugouts around make any difference to his Wife getting involved with fans at Donny?

Anyway, they're only in the same place they were at Millmoor now.

This isn't true!

They swapped dugouts to get the advantage of being able to be in the linesmans ear during the game. This is after seeing what the oposition managers were doing in games.

Are we under ambitious? I don't think that we are. We're punching above our weight and do so each time we come into the Championship. The only way we can grow is to have a decent run in it and to do that we need a lot of luck. e certainly haven't had too much of that this season.

I do think that we look under ambition because of who we're competing against and the stupid money they pay their players! The Parachute money makes the league inbalanced to a degree that other owners overstretch and if it goes wrong end up like Sunderland, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday. Some of they still spend money that they don't have.

The question is about Warne and his intention. He's a clever bloke and knows what we're about and what we can afford.

He's also clever enough to know that other clubs won't give him the same amount of time as TS has.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Are we under ambitious? I don't think that we are. We're punching above our weight and do so each time we come into the Championship. The only way we can grow is to have a decent run in it and to do that we need a lot of luck. e certainly haven't had too much of that this season.

I do think that we look under ambition because of who we're competing against and the stupid money they pay their players! The Parachute money makes the league inbalanced to a degree that other owners overstretch and if it goes wrong end up like Sunderland, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday. Some of they still spend money that they don't have.

The question is about Warne and his intention. He's a clever bloke and knows what we're about and what we can afford.

He's also clever enough to know that other clubs won't give him the same amount of time as TS has.
    Yes he's a good fit for the current circumstances.

Fans need to understand that what we have now is effectively the pinnacle of what we can achieve.

Any new manager would still have to drive the same car

Hope warne stays . Also would like to see a change in direction regarding the recruitment in players. Get young players in , not injury prone ones, no old players coming to the end of their careers. Better quality loans.make solid foundations even if it means staying in league one a few years . Let’s be proactive instead of reactive .

Haven’t you noticed that the so called Away dugout is in front of the Home fans.
    This has been pointed out to you a number of times when you were on Banter. Even though you have been told the real reason why the dugouts were changed you still use it to have a dig at Warne.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    TLC, being a nice man who likes proper people around him does not make him a weak person, he is who he is and that's his mannerism and why he's so likeable. Looking at his Managerial side, he's too soft, well thats how I see him. I don't believe he's got a growl in him when wanting more from his players as his nature doesn't allow it and it shows both on the pitch and through our results.

Richie Barker, he's the growler and probably gets up some players nose'. Chalk and Cheese as a Management duo and as much as most accept them, they and the team need to show better football, more commitment and more output and we wouldn't be where we are now.
    Really? So a bit more "growling" would have turned all those catastrophic misses into goals?...because that's why we are where we are. Woeful finishing has left us in the mire not PWs managerial faults. This division is all about very fine margins and the lack of quality in front of the net has cost us. Sky perpetually bang on about us being top of the "1-nil defeat league". That statistic says it all. If half of those 19 x 1-nil defeats had been 1-1 draws we'd be out of sight of the bottom three and everybody would be lauding PWs managerial brilliance. The fact that we didn't is down to RUFC being unable to compete financially in this league, nothing else. We just cannot afford a proven Championship goal scorer and that was the only missing piece in this season's jigsaw.

Having said all that, this is one of the best - if not the best - squad of players we have ever had, and that is down to Paul Warne and his team. There's been "incremental progress" every year as promised by TS at the start of his tenure. And nobody can doubt PWs ability to motivate the players. The 100% effort is still there for all to see. It's easy to take that for granted but it must be hard to get the lads 100% up for the next game after yet another devastating defeat (probably with a couple of schoolboy misses thrown in as well!). It doesn't feel the right time for PW to pack it in - this all still feels like a work in progress. I sincerely hope he stays.

Personally, I'm enjoying every minute. Don't get me wrong, I'll be devastated if we get relegated tomorrow, but the quality of football at this level is superb and it feels good that we're a gnat's away from sticking in the Championship.

Nobody can ever say it's boring being a Miller. Sometimes you just have to look for the positives, and we are lucky to have many.

UTM

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast