+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ot are the jocks mad?

I’m Scottish, live here though.

English mum, northern Irish dad. Welsh wife.

All about the union in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’m Scottish, live here though.

English mum, northern Irish dad. Welsh wife.

All about the union in my house.
    And how many kids from your ‘union’

We are stronger together has a union, but if Scotland wants independence let em have it , same with the Welsh.

2 kids and 2 grandkids all born in Rotherham from my first wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If given total independence, with no ties to the rest of the UK or future handouts, Scotland would be bankrupt in 12 months
    And we’d have to bail them out 😡

It's easy to think we'd be no worse off (better off?) without them but a "United" UK is a stronger player on the world stage. Why do you think the Russkies put so much effort into sowing discontent in the US/EU/UK etc. Divide and conquer.

Why do some grumble at their desire for independence? Each country has the right for self determination. I have a house in Scotland and may move there one day. I'd defend their right for self determination as I would ours. The union will dissolve anyway - the last few years have oiled the wheels for it

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Why do some grumble at their desire for independence? Each country has the right for self determination. I have a house in Scotland and may move there one day. I'd defend their right for self determination as I would ours. The union will dissolve anyway - the last few years have oiled the wheels for it
    Swapping rule from London for rule from Brussels is not really independence is it?

But yes, it is up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Swapping rule from London for rule from Brussels is not really independence is it?

But yes, it is up to them.

rather black and white that statement - no country has total say over every matter - speak with a colleague of mine who is an experienced international trade negotiator if you don't believe me...

English Exceptionalism in action

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12