+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cormack v Milne

Cormack v Milne

I watched the latest fan up date by Cormack yesterday and could not get over the difference between the two chairmen. Cormack totally involves the fans and I am sure has met many of them in the last year. Milne on the other hand to my knowledge had next to no contact with the fans other than the club AGM where he spoke to mabye 100 fans for 5 minutes and finished the questions as soon as possible. The difference between them is staggering and I for one are most impressed by how Cormack is engaging with fans and trying to revive the club after years of neglect which has cost us nearly 4000 season ticket holders which he is now trying to entice back to the club. Milne was a disaster in his 20 year reign. If it had not been for the Donald's clearing the debt we could have been in administration years ago. Some legacy. McInnes was never going to play the exciting brand of football Cormack wants to attract fans back to Pittodrie so he had to go. He also is not going to build a new stadium at Kingsford as he knows the vast majority of fans don't want to go there. He clearly favours the beach in conjunction with the Council when finances allow which makes far more sense. For the first time in many years I am looking forward to the new season mainly thanks to the change of manager and chairman.

Night v Day

Sorry, wrong way round .
    Day v Night ( a very long and dark one)

I agree. I know some folks find him a bit shifty, worry about whether in appointing Glass it was jobs for the boys, feel like 'Cormac Park' was a bit of an ego-trip, but you can't help but be impressed at his level of commitment and his desire to engage with the fans. I didn't feel like I learned a lot from this week's YouTube interview, but still, he put himself out there. And at least as important as all that, he's already put his money where his mouth is. Can't help but feel positive about it. Let's hope we see an increase in season ticket sales and increased gates when we're finally allowed back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I agree. I know some folks find him a bit shifty, worry about whether in appointing Glass it was jobs for the boys, feel like 'Cormac Park' was a bit of an ego-trip, but you can't help but be impressed at his level of commitment and his desire to engage with the fans. I didn't feel like I learned a lot from this week's YouTube interview, but still, he put himself out there. And at least as important as all that, he's already put his money where his mouth is. Can't help but feel positive about it. Let's hope we see an increase in season ticket sales and increased gates when we're finally allowed back in.
    The 15,000 season tickets is pretty ambitious (some might say unrealistic) but at least he's aiming high. Overall I like him - he's trying new things, ambitious, and seems much more in touch with the fans. He is a fan himself, so I guess he's just living the dream of being chairman of the club he supported as a kid. Not everything he does will work out, but he is a breathe of fresh air.

What I will say about Dave Cormack is that he is trying to make us a better club. Trying to compete on a playing front and trying to entice fans to watch the football.
    Milne was just a disgrace. He brought that much apathy to the club that there wasn’t a fight from the fans to get him out. His business brain as a football chairman was shockingly bad. He was only in it for himself and treated the club as a toy to do as he pleased.

Milne is still hanging about like a bad smell....

He’s not much good at maps of stadiums though, is he?

Bloody thing’s upside down.

Good thread title , who do you think would win oot in the car park at Pittodrie one on one square go?

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Good thread title , who do you think would win oot in the car park at Pittodrie one on one square go?
    I will be the Ref.... I dont fancy Milne's chances.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast