+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAO Sub

The railway is hoping to open again on 26 June but they are in deperate need of money to further their ambitions.

https://www.alnvalleyrailway.co.uk/

Cheers Sub. Looks like they've done almost 1 1/2 miles, more than halfway there to Alnmouth station at Hipsburn. I'll have another ride next time I'm up, hopefully this year.

Slightly digressing, I had a footplate ride booked on the North Yorks last summer, of course it got cancelled and they haven't re-arranged it yet, hopefully it'll happen sometime this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Slightly digressing, I had a footplate ride booked on the North Yorks last summer, of course it got cancelled and they haven't re-arranged it yet, hopefully it'll happen sometime this summer.
    That sounds like a great idea, I hope that it happens for you when 'normality' returns!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    That sounds like a great idea, I hope that it happens for you when 'normality' returns!
    I just hope they get a move on Sub, I'm not getting any younger.

Took my grandson on the East Lancs Railway and Burrs country Park..Had a superb day and he loved his first steam engine ride.Brilliant day out

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I had a footplate ride on the Watercress line for my 60th,birthday ten years ago Sinky,it was brilliant driving the train and even shovelling the coal.fantastic experience.

sinkov--sorry that I haven't been able to get up to Warkworth this week. It has been a strange one with a couple of SSAFA cases causing me problems which are exacerbated by not being able to visit people in their homes, which the charity stopped us doing last March and is obviously still the case. Add to that, my great niece has had to go away a couple of days with work this week and we have been looking after her dog so it has been busy.

I hope that you have enjoyed your stay and managed to get out an about as you wished. Please let me know when you are next up this way and, hopefully if things have improved, we might be able to meet up fro a meal out or something.
    At least you trip up here guaranteed our survival so that is good. Take care and have a good trip home on Friday!

No worries Sub, we'll be back, just watching the terns diving into the Coquet in the brilliant evening sunshine right now. That'll do me.

Great stuff, stay in touch! Safe journey on Friday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)