+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shrewsbury, the end of the season and hopefully an end to no fans.

Don’t worry, gazan, it was me his Barb was aimed at and, on this occasion, Charlie’s pass for our opener was just as accurate! I thought that, given the fact there was nothing to play for, we did well enough without anyone being at their best, with the notable exception of Mandron who played with the intensity he has all season - great signing.

I was impressed with Lundstram in the Wintle role, particularly as Wintle looked below his best, at least until he dropped back and played Udoh out of the game. Your criticism of Finney was, I think, a little harsh. True he looked less than fully fit, unsurprisingly, but did as much in 10 minutes as Ainley did in 80..... precious little!! So my criticism would be of Callum rather than Oli this time around.

I can’t really whip up much enthusiasm to fully critique a match which neither side seemed really up for and where both defences took it in turns to fall asleep and give so much room to the opposition forwards it might have been 5-5 if they’d all been fully alert. Still, Tophalf and 66 points. Great season lady and it’s just a pity we only got to see 2 matches in the flesh.

I take your point about Finney and Ainley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12