+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southend and Grimsby Challenging Relegation

If Grimsby and Southend were to win their case, that would mean no relegation from L2, therefore the clubs relegated from L1 would then have a case and so on.

They have absolutely no case here. They'll be listened to and promptly told they're still relegated. Certainly now everyone cried foul of the European Super League as well

Southend and Grimsby have been poor all season, not good enough and rightly deserve to get relegated.

Surely a stay of execution will not happen as it messes up promotion and relegations up and down the pyramid.

Any club that gets less than a point a game throughout the entire season like those two should not be rewarded for the failure it is.

These clubs should accept their fate and go down with grace and dignity which our fans displayed in abundance away at Swindon two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If Grimsby and Southend were to win their case, that would mean no relegation from L2, therefore the clubs relegated from L1 would then have a case and so on.
    I think the point is that they are being relegated from the EFL to the NL so L1 clubs would not have the same argument. Sheffield Utd, West Brom and Fulham may well be watching with interest though?

Just as bad as ESL big six imo.

Deserve to go for being poor over 46 games its that simple.

The irony is that, having been relegated, Grimsby and Southend are putting up a bigger fight against it than they have all season.

Jokers

Juggling numbers in other leagues is hardly a reason for a temporary change in the rules just for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I think the point is that they are being relegated from the EFL to the NL so L1 clubs would not have the same argument. Sheffield Utd, West Brom and Fulham may well be watching with interest though?
    Yeah, that did begin to dawn on me as soon as I'd posted. Putting my neutral hat on, they do have a point, the NL is undeniably in a bit of a mess right now, but you'd hope that denying whoever goes up their rightful place in the FL would be viewed as the greater injustice.

Once they have lost their case deduct them points to set a precedence and stop others from trying to cheat relegation.
    Job done

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast