+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southend and Grimsby Challenging Relegation

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Once they have lost their case deduct them points to set a precedence and stop others from trying to cheat relegation.
    Job done
    I certainly don't disagree but the whole episode shows a massive lack of respect for the division. I don't know the rules and regulations but they should be relegated an additional division 2 teams up from the NL north and South ( as they would easily replace them with their locations) and 3 up from our division this season as punishment and a big well done to all the non league teams. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I certainly don't disagree but the whole episode shows a massive lack of respect for the division. I don't know the rules and regulations but they should be relegated an additional division 2 teams up from the NL north and South ( as they would easily replace them with their locations) and 3 up from our division this season as punishment and a big well done to all the non league teams. Job done.
    Yo need to come up for air yoth.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    So by their logic if they win their case there will be no relegation from Div 4, which would mean there will be no relegation from Div 3 etc. etc. So no promotion for anyone either. I wonder if they've told Norwich, Hull, Cheltenham etc. this?
    Other Divisions would not not affected - ie; no relegation from L2 but 3 sides still promoted to L1 being replaced by the 3 sides relegated from L1 -‘simples’
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 09-05-2021 at 08:46 AM.

I would not be at all surprised if Southend and Grimsby managed to stay put. Surely the main argument they'll put forward to the EFL is that the teams coming up to replace them haven't proved themselves to be up to standard because they've been playing in a league where nigh on half the teams have got nothing to lose. Plus I would expect the EFL to be biased in favour of its own, i.e. their current constituent clubs (yes, I know we were among the founders of the EFL but it's not just about us). As others have correctly pointed out, there's no knock-on effect anywhere else in the EFL hierarchy and if the decision is made in favour of Southend and Grimsby staying up then there would be nothing the NL or any of its clubs could do about it. Needless to say, I fervently hope that I'm wrong but I have all the ingrained pessimism of a Notts fan.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I would not be at all surprised if Southend and Grimsby managed to stay put. Surely the main argument they'll put forward to the EFL is that the teams coming up to replace them haven't proved themselves to be up to standard because they've been playing in a league where nigh on half the teams have got nothing to lose. Plus I would expect the EFL to be biased in favour of its own, i.e. their current constituent clubs (yes, I know we were among the founders of the EFL but it's not just about us). As others have correctly pointed out, there's no knock-on effect anywhere else in the EFL hierarchy and if the decision is made in favour of Southend and Grimsby staying up then there would be nothing the NL or any of its clubs could do about it. Needless to say, I fervently hope that I'm wrong but I have all the ingrained pessimism of a Notts fan.

Actually, I would be massively surprised if the EFL decided their appeal in their favour, ''release the lawsuits'', would be the reply from those who were denied promotion and what a bl00dy mess we'd find ourselves in then?

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I can’t agree that half the teams have nothing to play for. Someone put on the Barnet match thread the thoughts of the Barnet manager. It’s worth a listen. He was basically saying that he is looking at these performances to establish who is good enough to keep next season. Players at all the clubs are playing for their futures so can’t afford to sack it offals to do so could see them without a club next season.

If they do stay up it might filter all the way to the top.They might aswell strip man city of the title, call it a day and refund the sponsors all monies paid.

Good points CG and 78. I'll pipe down, and be happy to be proven wrong in the end, hopefully.

They wont escape the drop they need to take their medicine and accept it.

When Bury went out of business we didnt get our league place back we went down as we deserved to.

Wonder when Sky are going to go on a long rant about how selfish these two are !

As I see it, the NL doesn't need to relegate anyone because they have already lost 2 clubs. Macclesfield & Dover

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast