+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southend and Grimsby Challenging Relegation

Southend and Grimsby Challenging Relegation

Southend and Grimsby have lodged an appeal against their relegation to the NL saying that as the NL have no relegation there should be no relegation to it. Sounds like bad losers to me but if their appeal against relegation is successful it may mean no promotion to L2?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57022942

Gordon Bennett. You couldn't make it up! If there is any possible remote chance of the universe making things harder for Notts in any way it will definitely happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Southend and Grimsby have lodged an appeal against their relegation to the NL saying that as the NL have no relegation there should be no relegation to it. Sounds like bad losers to me but if their appeal against relegation is successful it may mean no promotion to L2?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57022942
    Cod logic.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Gordon Bennett. You couldn't make it up! If there is any possible remote chance of the universe making things harder for Notts in any way it will definitely happen.

Regardless as to whether Notts are involved in the P/O's or not, they seem to be basing there argument on the fact that there is no relegation from the NL and saying that if that's the case, it's unfair to relegate them. Not sure that they have a particularly convincing case messen, as I totally fail to see how one thing is in any way connected to the other. Big grasping hands and very small straws spring to mind.

One quote the Southend chairman made which I think we can agree with, “The National League is shot, it needs a lot of repair,"

So by their logic if they win their case there will be no relegation from Div 4, which would mean there will be no relegation from Div 3 etc. etc. So no promotion for anyone either. I wonder if they've told Norwich, Hull, Cheltenham etc. this?

Can't Grimsby take relegation to NL with some level of dignity? If they aren't smashing things up at away matches on the last game of the season, they are making desperate appeals.

Stay classy Cleethorpes

The fundamental difference is that if NL teams were relegated you would have a bloated NLN and NLS due to no promotion.
    The fact 2 teams will go up and replace them is the key bit here.
    Sour grapes if you ask me.

2 up from NL this season, 4 down from L2 next season works.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    2 up from NL this season, 4 down from L2 next season works.
    No it doesn't, IMHAHO. That gives the 2 teams promoted from NL a disadvantage before a ball is even kicked as twice as many teams will get relegated as normal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast