+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Southend and Grimsby Challenging Relegation

If they succeeded then the same legal stance could be taken by all divisions. No relegation then no promotion. Legal challenges could be made, not only by those who directly lost out but also by all that lost money chasing a non-existent promotion idea from all divisions.

Absolute nonsense, TBF Notts had a bigger argument with Macclesfield when they hadn’t paid their players the season we went down, but the truth was we were pi55 poor and got what we deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I would not be at all surprised if Southend and Grimsby managed to stay put. Surely the main argument they'll put forward to the EFL is that the teams coming up to replace them haven't proved themselves to be up to standard because they've been playing in a league where nigh on half the teams have got nothing to lose. Plus I would expect the EFL to be biased in favour of its own, i.e. their current constituent clubs (yes, I know we were among the founders of the EFL but it's not just about us). As others have correctly pointed out, there's no knock-on effect anywhere else in the EFL hierarchy and if the decision is made in favour of Southend and Grimsby staying up then there would be nothing the NL or any of its clubs could do about it. Needless to say, I fervently hope that I'm wrong but I have all the ingrained pessimism of a Notts fan.
    I think the term clutching at straws applies here.

Ollie bayliss yesterday (Satuday)

BREAKING: Grimsby Town has agreed with the EFL not to progress any proposed rule changes in connection with promotion / relegation between the EFL and the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Ollie bayliss yesterday (Satuday)

BREAKING: Grimsby Town has agreed with the EFL not to progress any proposed rule changes in connection with promotion / relegation between the EFL and the National League.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpape...tional-league/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234