+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's either us or Fulham.

If we win it takes the edge of the excitement for the remaining games but I'll settle for that and we can start putting the rumours out for who we are not going to sign.I liked Lookman when he was at Everton and we were supposedly interested so that's the first one.

Brighton and Southampton fans will be rooting for us tomorrow, all that positive energy behind the lads should do it.

Let’s not be encouraging players with skill and flair to come Into our rigid workman like team Barrie - that could ruin everything

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Let’s not be encouraging players with skill and flair to come Into our rigid workman like team Barrie - that could ruin everything
    I wouldn't worry about that Army. Who ever is brought in they will need to get Dyche fit, which is also known as being de-skilled.

It really does seem that many posters on this board will be pleased to see our manager depart so that we can sign players like Lookman with his 4 goals and 4 assists in 30 matches and who, if available, would cost considerably more than the £22.5 million which RB Leipzig paid for him in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    It really does seem that many posters on this board will be pleased to see our manager depart so that we can sign players like Lookman with his 4 goals and 4 assists in 30 matches and who, if available, would cost considerably more than the £22.5 million which RB Leipzig paid for him in 2019.
    true, you could end up with someone like Joelinton, a bargain at £40m as opposed to Vydra at about 2.5m. I know which I'd rather have.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I am not advocating replacing Dyche, although I don't think is would be the end of world. However, I would like to see him occasionally changing his stubborn tactical framework to suit the team we are facing.

The partnership between Vydra and Wood has looked very promising and I hope we stick with it for Monday's game against Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I am not advocating replacing Dyche, although I don't think is would be the end of world.
    It might not be the end of the world, but it will be the end of our little jolly in the Premier League, that is for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It might not be the end of the world, but it will be the end of our little jolly in the Premier League, that is for certain.
    While no one could deny that the tenure of Dyche has been excellent for BFC, he has not been alone we have had some players who have played a major part in our success.

I think that with some investment we would survive in the premier league under Dyche or a different manager.

We need to see what the new owners are planning during this coming summer regarding investment in the team.

Two down, one to go. As for us surviving in the Prem without Dyche he/she would have to be a very good manager who would accept the BFC constraints which Dyche has had to live with. I can't think of anyone (we could afford) so it would have to be another (untried) Dyche like manager.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)