+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's either us or Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Two down, one to go. As for us surviving in the Prem without Dyche he/she would have to be a very good manager who would accept the BFC constraints which Dyche has had to live with. I can't think of anyone (we could afford) so it would have to be another (untried) Dyche like manager.
    I'll always come back with this, said it many times before....Dyche stuck, and sung his contentment for all to hear - on many an occasion...."this is Burnley, have to expect it" blah blah...."happy with the team" yada yada...etc etc.

I don't know how Dyche does it, but he does. Unbelievable Jeff!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post

I think that with some investment we would survive in the premier league under Dyche or a different manager.
    I agree with Gary Neville who said after tonight's game that we'll be relegated when Dyche leaves, not just because he's a brilliant manager, but also because of the disruption it would cause, he runs everything, everything is done his way, when he leaves there will be enormous disruption, an enormous gap to fill, never mind that the new man will have the smallest budget in the league.

When he goes I'll be having a triple max bet on us to be relegated, and I don't expect to lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I agree with Gary Neville who said after tonight's game that we'll be relegated when Dyche leaves, not just because he's a brilliant manager, but also because of the disruption it would cause, he runs everything, everything is done his way, when he leaves there will be enormous disruption, an enormous gap to fill, never mind that the new man will have the smallest budget in the league.

When he goes I'll be having a triple max bet on us to be relegated, and I don't expect to lose it.
    I completely understand that but in a world we live in no one likes change , eventually something has to give , personally for me it will be this year with Dyche.

Be honest if you went back 10 years before he arrived, would you have had the foresight to think we’d be an established prem side for several seasons up to know , he is a genius achieving what he has on the funds given to him , however every thing for me depends on who the next manager would be ( after Dyche departs that is ) , whoever came cannot say that there is not the infrastructure in place to take the club on and not down.

Footballs a funny game we watched Fulham this season who played some great football but can’t finish and yet we’re relegated with what the football gods decided.

There is no reason to believe there isn’t another Dyche out there , looking for a chance at a club like ours —- for now I think most of us would like to stick with what he have if possible and see some investment from the owners to give the man a fighting chance next season.

In the calm light of day and in the aftermath of what must have been an exhausting Covid ridden season, we are twelve points away from relegation with three games to play.

That suggests to me we are not that far away from a top ten finish next season. That will be a walk in the park if Alan Pace can negotiate these crucial questions:

Can we keep hold of Sean Dyche?

Can we keep hold of Tarkowski?

Can we fund the strengthening of our right flank?

Can we replace the not very good Dale Stephens and the ageing Jack Cork?

If Pace can answer these questions in the affirmative, next season should be a breeze.

There may be another Dyche out there Army, but if there is he's well hidden, Blackburn Rovers, PNE, Bolton, Forest, Sunderland, Derby County, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Hull City, Stoke City, Middlesborough, Reading, Portsmouth and a few others are all looking for him, none have found him yet, maybe we will, but I wouldn't be betting that we will, lightning rarely strikes twice.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There may be another Dyche out there Army, but if there is he's well hidden, Blackburn Rovers, PNE, Bolton, Forest, Sunderland, Derby County, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Hull City, Stoke City, Middlesborough, Reading, Portsmouth and a few others are all looking for him, none have found him yet, maybe we will, but I wouldn't be betting that we will, lightning rarely strikes twice.
    The only candidate for me would be Duffer. I hope we do not need to ask for his services for quite a while yet.

As I have said previously under the tenure of Sean Dyche we have achieved well beyond our financial status in the premier league, and I do not advocate Dyche leaving, but learning from his experiences.

However we need to give a lot of credit to the players who have played during this period for Burnley, not just say it is down to the manager that keeps us in the Premier League.

As I have said previously under the tenure of Sean Dyche we have achieved well beyond our financial status in the premier league, and I do not advocate Dyche leaving, but learning from his experiences.

However we need to give a lot of credit to the players who have played during this period for Burnley, not just say it is down to the manager that keeps us in the Premier League.
    He can be a jammy so and so too! Injuries and stubbornness prevented him from giving Vydra a good run in the team.

Now the pairing of Wood and Vydra is proving to be a real handful.

I'm not denigrating our players VC, they deserve every credit, and Dyche has never kicked a ball for us, but I have no doubt that this squad of players would have been relegated this season under any other manager.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)