+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by cupid-stunt View Post
    What is the point of rotherham ever being in the championship if we don't invest to try at least for top half of the table,having league 1 and 2 players hasn't worked before but yet that's what we always do. We lack the quality and it shows down to bad recruitment/management
    Just needed one decent striker but they're hard to come by.

What is the point of rotherham ever being in the championship if we don't invest to try at least for top half of the table,having league 1 and 2 players hasn't worked before but yet that's what we always do. We lack the quality and it shows down to bad recruitment/management
    It worked for Coventry, who haven't broken the bank and have a similar squad to L1. Even Wycombe finish above us. The club, the management and the players all have vastly more Championship experience than both of them. We should have been well clear of them. We had a much stronger squad than before. Our style of play, being a bit too negative, and poor finishing has cost us.

Unprofessional to concede so late.
    Players were knacked and some out to have been replaced earlier.
    You could see a late equaliser coming as soon as we scored the opening goal.
    Quality strike from Lewis Wing and then all those missed chances sums our season up.

Happy Birthday Paul Warne.....see you in League 1...

Almost forgot......well done to Wycombe winning 3-0 and finishing third bottom.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 08-05-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I do not understand what more warny has to do to show his followers on here just how poor he is tactically.
    Even if he is poor tactically, which I disagree with, maybe those followers recognise that his player aquisition and motivation skills are eceptional and have us consistently punching above our weight.

Just think for a moment, if we were a different team in League One right now looking for a new manager the best candidate out there is surely the one that has had 2 seasons that level with 2 promotions... Paul Warne. It would be madness to sack him. Be careful what you wish for.

A valiant effort but the amount of games recently has taken it's toll. Feel desperately sorry for Warney and his staff and of course the big gaffer. Looking forward to next season and whatever it may bring.....6 points against Wednesday for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Warny's lack of tactical knowledge let us down again I'm afraid to say 15 mins left we had to put fresh bodies on up top to give them something to think about but instead he let Cardiff push on ..... I do not understand what more warny has to do to show his followers on here just how poor he is tactically.
    And if PW did that and we conceded he would be wrong for not shutting on shop. We didn't go overly defensive, yes we dropped a little but that is natural given the situation we were in. Lindsay missed the ball when attempting to clear, the player's shot went through two bodies it could of easily hit and Jamal was unsighted. The goal was not PW's fault. Nor were the other endless missed chances for the second.

Shutting up shop*

Because just a little bit of luck can turn a season and one day our luck will turn and we could be pushing at the other end if we have enough seasons at this level for it to happen.

A deeper philosophical question is if you wouldn't want us to play at the highest level we can, what's the point of football at all?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Even if he is poor tactically, which I disagree with, maybe those followers recognise that his player aquisition and motivation skills are eceptional and have us consistently punching above our weight.

Just think for a moment, if we were a different team in League One right now looking for a new manager the best candidate out there is surely the one that has had 2 seasons that level with 2 promotions... Paul Warne. It would be madness to sack him. Be careful what you wish for.
    Sell it somewhere else mate I'm not buying.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    And if PW did that and we conceded he would be wrong for not shutting on shop. We didn't go overly defensive, yes we dropped a little but that is natural given the situation we were in. Lindsay missed the ball when attempting to clear, the player's shot went through two bodies it could of easily hit and Jamal was unsighted. The goal was not PW's fault. Nor were the other endless missed chances for the second.
    And if my uncle was a women etc etc etc it's a load of tosh mate Warny is the man who is to blame and no ammount of rubbish spouted on here will change my mind on that.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast