+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Message to warney

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I hope Paul Warne leaves for a bigger club

He deserves it.

Rotherham aren't going anywhere in the championship and he is a championship manager.

How much is Paul Warne worth if Wayne Rooney is worth 150k a week as a manager.

For me along he is the best manager weave had in the past 30 years.

Least he is loyal to rotherham. (no barefoot walking to Ipswich)
    No he doesn’t deserve it and no he won’t

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No he doesn’t deserve it and no he won’t

Why doesn't he deserve it?

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    I know this sounds negative but it’s not. I’m not over the moon with wood getting a new contact as he costs us a lot. Yep he is a 100%er who sticks his head where it matters but it’s not what we needed this season, and it doesn’t spell good news for the cheque book next season. Hope Warne stays but you need to sign a few battlers to this decent squad
    Ask me wood has done well and has saved us a few times.

I would start him next season

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Its a difficult one this. Theres much to like, if not love, about paul warne: he's articulate, hard working, honest, loyal and absolutely committed to our club. His motivational capabilities are to be respected. Hes a good egg.

But. There's always a but. We cannot shy away from him overseeing 3 relegations. And I cannot help but feel that this squad of players were good enough to stay up. Just about good enough. Some of warnes tactics and substitutions have not been good enough and have directly lead to dropped points in my opinion.

In an ideal world I'd choose a new coach to come in and work alongside warne and the others. Someone not necessarily from the old boys network and definitely someone with a penchant for coaching a better style of football. However I'm not sure warne would be comfortable with such a scenario, not least as it could be seen as putting barker's nose out of place.

For me, something has to change. My preference is stated above but failing that, and as a preference over the status quo and the awful hoofball, then with a heavy heart I'd go for a managerial change.
    Something does have to change.

How about Tony stewart backing his manager in the championship?

Were our million pound player from the Steve Evans era...with interest that kne million got to be worth 1.5 now surely.

Just think if we had team that was actually championship standard.

If it want freebies and league 1 players.

You can have who you want in charge but the fact is untill ts backs us in the championship it will be the same result bar a Leicester City winning the premiership type season.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Something does have to change.

How about Tony stewart backing his manager in the championship?

Were our million pound player from the Steve Evans era...with interest that kne million got to be worth 1.5 now surely.

Just think if we had team that was actually championship standard.

If it want freebies and league 1 players.

You can have who you want in charge but the fact is untill ts backs us in the championship it will be the same result bar a Leicester City winning the premiership type season.
    I still think that to progress PW needs better coaching staff around him.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    I know this sounds negative but it’s not. I’m not over the moon with wood getting a new contact as he costs us a lot. Yep he is a 100%er who sticks his head where it matters but it’s not what we needed this season, and it doesn’t spell good news for the cheque book next season. Hope Warne stays but you need to sign a few battlers to this decent squad
    Seriously? Wood has been the leader of our team where and when he played. He's scored more goals than some midfielders and for me, totally justifies a new contract. He may well not get to play a lot of games next season but his name, if fit, would be the first one down on my team sheet.

If you want to look at defensive frailties then I would say off load Ihiekwe, Tilt, Mattock and Robertson for starters. Olosundae also blows hot and cold. Woody stands head and shoulders above all of em.

My message to Warne, chin up fella. YOU know you've made poor mistakes this season and hopefully you learn from them. I do feel though the 'L' plates now need to come off and you need to be a tad more assertive and not too nicey nicey.

Your hardest battle is speaking with Tony and asking for the right wage budget in order to retain the services of most of the team or, they are off and who can blame them. You are an amazing person who clearly wears your heart on the outside never mind your sleeve.

Start to growl more Paul and don't be afraid or too embarrassed to seek help from more experienced people in management even if it does upset the rest of your management crew.

This Olosundae being hot and cold, is that like Baked Alaska ?

What we need now is stability, so that means both Wood and Warne staying

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    This Olosundae being hot and cold, is that like Baked Alaska ?

What we need now is stability, so that means both Wood and Warne staying
    Totally agree not that Wood is going anywhere

PW looked a broken man yesterday. Have a few weeks away with the family, things are opening up in another week. A good few days at Center(sic) Parks will work wonders. That's my message to him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123