+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Message to warney

Now We Will See

Next season with hopefully no covid, no injuries and a competitive budget we'll see what Warne is made of. I think he's a bottler with no clear idea of how he wants to play. Others think he's very good. We'll see won't we.

You've said that before when we went into league one.

We've won promotion, twice. Including at Wembley. Did he bottle it then?

Change it. You don't reward failure.

I know this sounds negative but it’s not. I’m not over the moon with wood getting a new contact as he costs us a lot. Yep he is a 100%er who sticks his head where it matters but it’s not what we needed this season, and it doesn’t spell good news for the cheque book next season. Hope Warne stays but you need to sign a few battlers to this decent squad

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    You've said that before when we went into league one.

We've won promotion, twice. Including at Wembley. Did he bottle it then?
    We were lucky with the last promotion with the covid coming in I don't think we would have especially after getting battered by Rochdale but it's all if buts and maybe.

Its a difficult one this. Theres much to like, if not love, about paul warne: he's articulate, hard working, honest, loyal and absolutely committed to our club. His motivational capabilities are to be respected. Hes a good egg.

But. There's always a but. We cannot shy away from him overseeing 3 relegations. And I cannot help but feel that this squad of players were good enough to stay up. Just about good enough. Some of warnes tactics and substitutions have not been good enough and have directly lead to dropped points in my opinion.

In an ideal world I'd choose a new coach to come in and work alongside warne and the others. Someone not necessarily from the old boys network and definitely someone with a penchant for coaching a better style of football. However I'm not sure warne would be comfortable with such a scenario, not least as it could be seen as putting barker's nose out of place.

For me, something has to change. My preference is stated above but failing that, and as a preference over the status quo and the awful hoofball, then with a heavy heart I'd go for a managerial change.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Don't want to sound like kicking a bloke while he's down and I'm sure he's gutted like the rest of us but he's had 3 attempts now in the championship and failed every time and it's not like we haven't survived in this league before we have done it with 3 other managers I can remember and even little Burton Albion survived a few seasons ago now so it's like it's an impossible job. I think the points return in the last 15 games or so have been a joke and its been in our hands for ages and we have totally bottled it.
    It's strange how some people quote PW as having had 3 relegations, even though one of em was when he inherited stubbs squad and we were as good as down before christmas, and some only credit him as only having one promotion because we didnt finish last season off so it was decided on PPG, that could be classed as selectively picking and choosing to make a point could it not?

I hope Paul Warne leaves for a bigger club

He deserves it.

Rotherham aren't going anywhere in the championship and he is a championship manager.

How much is Paul Warne worth if Wayne Rooney is worth 150k a week as a manager.

For me along he is the best manager weave had in the past 30 years.

Least he is loyal to rotherham. (no barefoot walking to Ipswich)

This is a great job and a perfect match. I believe and hope that Paul will see it out with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Its a difficult one this. Theres much to like, if not love, about paul warne: he's articulate, hard working, honest, loyal and absolutely committed to our club. His motivational capabilities are to be respected. Hes a good egg.

But. There's always a but. We cannot shy away from him overseeing 3 relegations. And I cannot help but feel that this squad of players were good enough to stay up. Just about good enough. Some of warnes tactics and substitutions have not been good enough and have directly lead to dropped points in my opinion.

In an ideal world I'd choose a new coach to come in and work alongside warne and the others. Someone not necessarily from the old boys network and definitely someone with a penchant for coaching a better style of football. However I'm not sure warne would be comfortable with such a scenario, not least as it could be seen as putting barker's nose out of place.

For me, something has to change. My preference is stated above but failing that, and as a preference over the status quo and the awful hoofball, then with a heavy heart I'd go for a managerial change.
    Exactly what I’ve been saying about the players and that’s what hurts most

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast