+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message to warney

Message to warney

Yes we are all gutted but don't do owt rash. We will have the basis of a good defence to start with next season and a bit in the midfield engine room coupled with a good young goalie. We do need to find tjhat elusive goal scorerfrom somewhere. There's no reason why we can't yo yo back with you in charge. Keep ya pecker up and up the Miller's.

Seconded, hear hear.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yes we are all gutted but don't do owt rash. We will have the basis of a good defence to start with next season and a bit in the midfield engine room coupled with a good young goalie. We do need to find tjhat elusive goal scorerfrom somewhere. There's no reason why we can't yo yo back with you in charge. Keep ya pecker up and up the Miller's.
    Seconded, oops thirded. Hopefully Kayode can be the man next season.

Regardless of today PW is still the best available manager for us considering the restrictions on budgets imposed by TS and his helpers

But basically the squad needs a hefty revamp starting ASAP and not done as a last minute flurry of signing 2nd or 3rd choice players, those with injury doubts or well into the twilight of their careers.

But we know the reality, names will be mentioned that excites the fans but something goes wrong and we end up with players whose names you need to google to guess if they are any good.

The squad will ( covid permitting) run up a few mountains in close season, start the season with at least one player out with a hamstring injury and we get knocked out in the first games of any cup competition we play in.

Don't want to sound like kicking a bloke while he's down and I'm sure he's gutted like the rest of us but he's had 3 attempts now in the championship and failed every time and it's not like we haven't survived in this league before we have done it with 3 other managers I can remember and even little Burton Albion survived a few seasons ago now so it's like it's an impossible job. I think the points return in the last 15 games or so have been a joke and its been in our hands for ages and we have totally bottled it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Finding a goalscorer isn't just our problem roly, every club are looking for one, and that includes those that already have a decent one.I fully agree with you regarding PW although I honestly believe that he wont be here next season, but only because someone will come in for him, and anyone watching the dominance of our team today will have taken note. It is irrelevant that Cardiff had nothing to play for because our team today played without fear, and we murdered Cardiff.
    Ah well on to div1 and back to watch us at the NYS ......UTM

First 10 games next season are crucial, we have to be at least in the top half of the table and ideally in the top 6

If not there is likely to be a groundswell of negativity to PW and TS will find it hard to justify keeping him.

You do have to take account that covid has had an effect on our play as well. I suppose some would argue that things have evened out ie lucky because covid enabled it to get up to unlucky cos of what it did to our squad this season that helped send us down.

No matter what relegation should hurt and should be deemed as failure…if it didn’t and isn”t then that’s a problem..

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Finding a goalscorer isn't just our problem roly, every club are looking for one, and that includes those that already have a decent one.I fully agree with you regarding PW although I honestly believe that he wont be here next season, but only because someone will come in for him, and anyone watching the dominance of our team today will have taken note. It is irrelevant that Cardiff had nothing to play for because our team today played without fear, and we murdered Cardiff.
    Ah well on to div1 and back to watch us at the NYS ......UTM
    Sense at last. PW is destined for bigger and better things. If Spurs don't snap him up I know Alfreton Town are admirers and the St.Bernadette's Home For Wayward Girls second 11 have more than one eye on him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast