+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Roberts' Miss

Patrick Roberts' Miss

When Roberst got the ball Mrs F shouted 'gwarn' so loud she's damaged my ear. but through the pain I did respond 'He won't score'. He didn't of course.

Has there ever been a more useless miss?

Lee Gregory's first touch for the club is a recent howler

Steve Biggins' disaster, an almost carbon copy of the Roberts effort, on his debut in 84

But my choice would be this one from roger Davies v Chelsea - also posibly the shortest youtube vid ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNIquRW3mOo

Anyone?
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 08-05-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Tbf...the one he did score was class. Bad miss later on but not in the same class as Davies’.
    Would you try and sign him permanently? Loads of skill but too soft imo...grateful for the goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbf...the one he did score was class. Bad miss later on but not in the same class as Davies’.
    Would you try and sign him permanently? Loads of skill but too soft imo...grateful for the goal though.
    Prob wouldn't buy him, but I'd put him way ahead of Jozwiak on my teamsheet. Thank God he got tripped, no WAY would he have scored (or even shot)

Joz. MOTM last week. Got us the penalty this week. Plays much better for Poland and also better for us when his fellow countryman, Bielik, is playing. Bring on next season.

His forward runs today got us goals, so deserves credit for his performance. The miss: too much time to think!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    His forward runs today got us goals, so deserves credit for his performance. The miss: too much time to think!
    Not knocking his performance, but we've survived so its time to relax and have a laugh

I wouldn't have Roberts back. Defensive work is inadequate. Great on the ball. Good control. Beats half a dozen men with ease and then........... nothing.

Very well hit shot for his goal but many used to slate Russell for lack of end product. He had way more EP than Roberts.

Lots of rumour that he is a key target for next season. Can't say it excites me, nothing against the bloke, but a 1 in 10 game winger is hardly priority considering our position.

Lots of rumour that he is a key target for next season. Can't say it excites me, nothing against the bloke, but a 1 in 10 game winger is hardly priority considering our position.
    I don't think you'll have any targets. They'll probably be a transfer ban in effect again.

At least we'd have a decent winger performance 2 games out of 10 with Lawro on one side and Robbo the other......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)