+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon GTF

Quote Originally Posted by arabiain View Post
    In the words of James Yuill McLean "If you accept mediocrity then that's almost certainly what you'll get"
    This..... all day long! ^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Kneejerk thread or what? 🤔
    No not kneejerk in any way. If this was a one off then I could accept that but he continually persists week after week after week after week with the same stubborn pish. Sorry time up for me. If you don't agree that's your opinion but I'm afraid I'm done with him.

Kneejerk thread or what? ��
    This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to a one-off result, this is a reaction to the same old keech we've been watching all season.

The only knee-jerk reaction this season was the overly positive one after the Aberdeen game - most of us were convinced it had all eventually clicked.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to a one-off result, this is a reaction to the same old keech we've been watching all season.

The only knee-jerk reaction this season was the overly positive one after the Aberdeen game - most of us were convinced it had all eventually clicked.
    At the start of the season everyone was saying survival was all that matters. We survived comfortably, can still finish 7th and lost a semi final that we weren't expecting to win. Let's sack the manager though

Sorry TTT I'm not one for changing managers all the time but each to their own opinion and that I'm afraid is mine. Some may not agree with it but a lot of people have had enough of watching the same old pish week after week.
    Safety, no playoffs, semi final in the big cup. Would have bitten anyone's erm aff for that pre-season.

Yet.... I tend to agree. Apart from the Aberdeen match where they played right in to our hands (for once). We do seem to be a bit obvious. Punching above our weight? probably.

Today proved (to me) we are miles away from being a good SPL team.. SPL though, not too shabby.

I would give MM next season to have his own side, own tactics etc. Yet I do agree we seem to be watching the same old pish at times.

Didn't get upset today at all, always felt it was never gonna be our day.

Gless fluctuating

At the start of the season everyone was saying survival was all that matters. We survived comfortably, can still finish 7th and lost a semi final that we weren't expecting to win. Let's sack the manager though
    You clearly feel that the manager is setting the team up well and getting the best out of the players we have.

I think that our players are better than what our manager gets out of them.

We'll just need to agree to disagree.

Sorry but I fully expected us to be in with a right good chance of winning today. If I didn't think that was the case I wouldn't have wasted my time and money watching.

And if you re-sign mediocrity... expect more of the same next season.

I'm not putting too much on today however, think a few folk whipped themselves into a frenzy on the back of the Aberdeen match, the 3 worked that day because Aberdeen try play from the back, are rank at it, and were off the pace after their midweek match against Celtic. We need to seriously get quality into that squad next season, otherwise it is going to be as tough or tougher next season, Killie surely wont be as bad next season if they survive, Hearts will be an improvement on whoever goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post

Agreed.

The plus side is Mickey kept us up and has earned the right to be judged on a full season with new players hopefully coming in.

The negative side is that we haven't looked like a FOOTBALL team at all, bar the freak demolition of the dreadful Dons.

We have no pattern to our play, we have no fluidity, we are worse than hopeless in possession. We play the long ball far too often, we have no patience and we have no cutting edge. We look disjointed a lot of the time. People say well what can you expect with the lack of quality but it CAN be done with players of lower quality, we were outplayed by many teams this season including Partick and Forfar. Partick were unlucky they didn't bury us before halftime.

We're extending contracts to mediocrity and that is a very big concern for me. Connolly Pawlett Harkes Clark and Butcher are not the future I want to see.
    And, is it too much to say we've made Shankland a poorer player in this process, not that relevant to my main point, but we have and that's unacceptable.

Sorry but I fully expected us to be in with a right good chance of winning today. If I didn't think that was the case I wouldn't have wasted my time and money watching.
    Hibs were bang average today and were there for the taking but we approached the game exactly the same way we've approached most games this season, with no urgency whatsoever. We go out with a very negative attitude and the players don't look confident.

This is either down to the players or the manager. As I see it, the manager keeps putting out teams with players in the wrong positions and a negative game plan, so he's to blame.

Others reckon that his team selection and set-up is fine but the players are not very good. The argument against this is, if it doesn't work week after week, why doesn't he change it to suit our players?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)