+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon GTF

Thumbs up The best post today. Connelly and pawlett new contracts is a wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Agreed.

The plus side is Mickey kept us up and has earned the right to be judged on a full season with new players hopefully coming in.

The negative side is that we haven't looked like a FOOTBALL team at all, bar the freak demolition of the dreadful Dons.

We have no pattern to our play, we have no fluidity, we are worse than hopeless in possession. We play the long ball far too often, we have no patience and we have no cutting edge. We look disjointed a lot of the time. People say well what can you expect with the lack of quality but it CAN be done with players of lower quality, we were outplayed by many teams this season including Partick and Forfar. Partick were unlucky they didn't bury us before halftime.

We're extending contracts to mediocrity and that is a very big concern for me. Connolly Pawlett Harkes Clark and Butcher are not the future I want to see.
    And, is it too much to say we've made Shankland a poorer player in this process, not that relevant to my main point, but we have and that's unacceptable.

Can’t believe what I’m reading on some of this thread, WTF???

If someone offered me survival and a semi-final SCP place this season, I’d have taken their hand off! If some think that is under acheiveing, they are kidding themselves on, pure and simple, feck me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    You clearly feel that the manager is setting the team up well and getting the best out of the players we have.

I think that our players are better than what our manager gets out of them.

We'll just need to agree to disagree.
    No problem 👍

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Can’t believe what I’m reading on some of this thread, WTF???

If someone offered me survival and a semi-final SCP place this season, I’d have taken their hand off! If some think that is under acheiveing, they are kidding themselves on, pure and simple, feck me!!!!
    Agreed. I'm as gutted as anyone not to be in the final but people need to revisit the expectations they had before a ball was kicked this season and take a reality check.

Mickey’s hands were tied before the season started, if I’m being honest, I think he has done brilliantly. Agree, that there is improvement to be made, but surely an unrestricted transfer period, will offer that? I will reserve judgement until it’s a 100% MM team, and 99% sure, his team would provide the entertainment, attitude, and desire, expected!! In MM I trust, arabest 🖤🧡

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Mickey’s hands were tied before the season started, if I’m being honest, I think he has done brilliantly. Agree, that there is improvement to be made, but surely an unrestricted transfer period, will offer that? I will reserve judgement until it’s a 100% MM team, and 99% sure, his team would provide the entertainment, attitude, and desire, expected!! In MM I trust, arabest 🖤🧡
    Good sensible post. Let me reiterate though, absolutely gutted about today but this team isn't at the same level as Hibs I'm afraid. We all hoped we could win through today, but how many of us actually expected to win?

It's a real downer tonight but at least we won't have a summer like the previous one. We know we are in the top flight and can start our rebuild a whole lot sooner.

a division is forming in the fans now, for me that tends not to end well. Personally I am unsure what I would prefer.

What i will say is if MM is the manager next season then my season ticket will not be renewed. This has been the most eye bleeding football i have ever watched, last weekend i think i got to 30 mins then turned it off. Whilst i love the club, i wont pay for something that i dont want to watch.... that being said, it could have been far far worse this season in terms of league position.

He actually does deserve that opportunity to improve the squad and I think its right he will do that unless he wants to move.

The football is eye bleeding, but the football under Neilson for much of the championship was eye bleeding, and we know how Hearts fans feel about the football they have played, that is what MM inherited. Unless you have bucket loads of cash, big job to get United back to where they were before the relegation meltdown.

I'd have a bit your hand off for survival this season with our squad. That's not to say I don't have reservations about MM, the nonsensical shoehorning in Clark, McNulty and Shankland, and most of of, giving new contracts out to Connolly, Pawlett and Clark (to a lesser extent).

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    a division is forming in the fans now, for me that tends not to end well. Personally I am unsure what I would prefer.

What i will say is if MM is the manager next season then my season ticket will not be renewed. This has been the most eye bleeding football i have ever watched, last weekend i think i got to 30 mins then turned it off. Whilst i love the club, i wont pay for something that i dont want to watch.... that being said, it could have been far far worse this season in terms of league position.

He actually does deserve that opportunity to improve the squad and I think its right he will do that unless he wants to move.
    so you won't buy a season ticket if MM stays but you think he should stay. Aye good yin!

Micky Mellon must stay- and build.

Ps. pity he didn't play Chalmers

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)