+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Wilder

Chris Wilder

Okay okay yeah we stayed up!

Yes Rooney was dealt a really poor hand....

However look at the run we’ve been on! One win in the last 10-12 we wouldn’t have been in the last day situation that we were!

I’m not looking to get Rooney the sack, nor do I want him to go, I’m 50/50 if honest!

But should he go for any reason surely Chris Wilder would be a great appointment to again galvanise Derby and sort the dross out that we currently find ourselves in?

Rooney took over with us bottom. He kept us up. He ahs said he wants to stay. Let's give him a chance.

Also impressed by the emotion he showed on the post game inetrview plus that from Davies and Waggy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Rooney took over with us bottom. He kept us up. He ahs said he wants to stay. Let's give him a chance.

Also impressed by the emotion he showed on the post game inetrview plus that from Davies and Waggy.
    Appreciate your sentiment MA...but the last three months have been as poor, in terms of results, as I can remember and ultimately we stayed up because of that late Cardiff equaliser.

I’m undecided, but Chris Wilder might be an excellent call. I thought he’d only really worked at Sheffield United but he did well, in difficult circumstances at Oxford and Northampton too.

I know we stayed up after he inherited us at the bottom but one win in the last twelve, or whatever it has been, really is dire.

He'll stay, no doubt about that, but it should be made clear that results will determine his future, end of! Whoever owns the club must set the standards high, very high!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Appreciate your sentiment MA...but the last three months have been as poor, in terms of results, as I can remember and ultimately we stayed up because of that late Cardiff equaliser.

I’m undecided, but Chris Wilder might be an excellent call. I thought he’d only really worked at Sheffield United but he did well, in difficult circumstances at Oxford and Northampton too.

I know we stayed up after he inherited us at the bottom but one win in the last twelve, or whatever it has been, really is dire.
    If the officials had done their jobs properly, happenings in Wales would have been irrelevant. Was Hutchinson offside for their first? Not sure. I haven't seen any footage showing whether Fozzy played him on, he's not in the videos I've seen. Borner WAS most definitely offside for their 3rd.

Add in the 93rd penalty we weren't given at home to Brum when Festy was brought down, the Forest goal at their place and a myriad of other really poor decisions and we would have been somewhat higher in the table.

Kaz really needs to learn what offside is and get onside asap all the time........
    Last edited by MadAmster; 09-05-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)