+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So .... Swansea It Is Then

So .... Swansea It Is Then

Well I wanted to avoid Bournemouth at all costs over two legs .

After a bit of thought and what Pass said I wanted Brentford , a winning goal today for Norwich would have ensured that .

So in true fashion we end up with Swansea .

I don't take much from the fact Swansea have taken all 6 points off us during the regular season , both games could have swung our way and there wasn't really that much in the games .

We also faced off against the Swans pre Morris and Dike , I think that's a significant fact .

Look at the end of the day we can analyse this , that and the other but the reality is if its your time then you will come through .

It's going to be two tight games against Swansea , there's nowt that much between us .

You could see this going to extra time and penalties if the truth be told .

# we always make the final #

It's gonna be a poor spectacle but who cares as long as we come through the tie. Its gonna be a tight and scruffy affair and probably frustrating.

Dunt know if they have Hourihane fo the play offs but we obviously know all abart him and their other big players are Ayew and Lowe. Our defence will ev to be on their metal to keep them two out.

They defended tight when we laiked em earlier in the season and took their chances although we defended poorly for both goals at oakwell, they are a very well drilled side to be fair and we didnt really look like breaking them darn.

I'm not really relishing this tie to be honest but it is what it is. We must find a way. In all honesty they could well be saying the same abart us. We are a difficult proposition ourselves and have that extra quality now in attack in Dike and Morris since we last laiked em.

It's the play offs, it's always dramatic. Let's hope we show the same discipline as we have all season under Val and win this war of attrition. Best of luck lads.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's gonna be a poor spectacle but who cares as long as we come through the tie. Its gonna be a tight and scruffy affair and probably frustrating.

Dunt know if they have Hourihane fo the play offs but we obviously know all abart him and their other big players are Ayew and Lowe. Our defence will ev to be on their metal to keep them two out.

They defended tight when we laiked em earlier in the season and took their chances although we defended poorly for both goals at oakwell, they are a very well drilled side to be fair and we didnt really look like breaking them darn.

I'm not really relishing this tie to be honest but it is what it is. We must find a way. In all honesty they could well be saying the same abart us. We are a difficult proposition ourselves and have that extra quality now in attack in Dike and Morris since we last laiked em.

It's the play offs, it's always dramatic. Let's hope we show the same discipline as we have all season under Val and win this war of attrition. Best of luck lads.
    In my opinion in such a potentially tight affair it comes down to the big players over the two games .

Swansea , Ayew , Lowe and Hourihane who I believe will be available .

Ourselves , Dike , Morris and Mowatt .

There isn't the width of a fag paper between us .

The only thing I will say is that Swansea were looking good for the automatic promotion for a fair bit of this season and fell away and their form is very iffy .

We've never had automatic aspirations , they faced us in the regular season when we were simply looking to keep ourselves well away from a relegation battle , whether that's a factor I don't know .

Other than ourselves they don't have the greatest record when they've faced the teams around them .

Extremely fine margins with this tie to say the least .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 08-05-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Barnsley are a totally different proposition since January.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    In my opinion in such a potentially tight affair it comes down to the big players over the two games .

Swansea , Ayew , Lowe and Hourihane who I believe will be available .

Ourselves , Dike , Morris and Mowatt .

There isn't the width of a fag paper between us .

The only thing I will say is that Swansea were looking good for the automatic promotion for a fair bit of this season and fell away and their form is very iffy .

We've never had automatic aspirations , whether that's a factor I don't know .

Other than ourselves they don't have the greatest record when they've faced the teams around them .

Extremely fine margins with this tie to say the least .
    Agree wi that. The big players certainly are the difference. Let's hope ours shine brighter.

I reckon set pieces are the key to this tie. With our extra strength up front we need Deekay to hold the ball and draw fouls in advantageous positions. That was something the Swans didn't have to overcome last time we laiked em because we had a front trio who had less physically than what we have now.

If we can get those Mowatt inswinging free kicks/corners on the money then we can cause anyone problems

Not worried about the games. Just loving the fact we are there with a shout.

Agree wi that. The big players certainly are the difference. Let's hope ours shine brighter.

I reckon set pieces are the key to this tie. With our extra strength up front we need Deekay to hold the ball and draw fouls in advantageous positions. That was something the Swans didn't have to overcome last time we laiked em because we had a front trio who had less physically than what we have now.

If we can get those Mowatt inswinging free kicks/corners on the money then we can cause anyone problems
    It's a fascinating tie Pass .

On one hand I don't believe Swansea can hurt us offensively as possibly Bournemouth or Brentford could potentially .

Then again maybe Dike , Morris and Woodrow may not hurt them too much either if you look at their defensive record this season .

It's massively hard to call and as you say set pieces could be the difference and a bit of lady luck .

Defiantly, theyll be glad they got us they've bet us twice

But I'm hoping we beat them and infact i think we will weve morris and dike.woodrow and chaps scored today i hope we win itcoyr.

when we played swans their pitch was a mess more sand than grass, our place our pitch was a mess too and got beat both times since then the swans got a new pitch smooth as a babys arse and we seem to play well on good pitches so im more optimistic at their ground. im just not too sure at home i think bournemouth will do brentford.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast