+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulham v Burnley Match Preview

Fulham v Burnley Match Preview

It’s time. It’s us or Fulham. It’s now or never. Time to put this season to bed and add to those earlier away wins in London at Arsenal and Crystal Palace. And my mind drifts back to the 2008-09 season and the year of “Capital Punishment” when Robbie Blake was in his pomp and we defeated Fulham, Arsenal, and Chelsea in the League Cup and were cruelly denied victory in extra time over Tottenham in the Semi Final when we would have gone through on away goals scored had the tie finished after 90minutes of the second leg. And that is a FACT.

Fulham have just about run out of bullets in the shootout in the OK Corral. They need a win whilst a draw in this fixture would leave them to die an agonising lingering death. When these two sides met in February Ashley Barnes quickly equalised for the Clarets following a great break from Jay Rodriguez to cancel out Aina’s chested opener. Ashley and Jay will probably have to do with starting on the bench on this occasion as the Wood/Vydra partnership looks set to continue. Fulham could be missing the lively Harrison Reed from their midfield while Burnley are likely to be unchanged from the side that disappointingly let yet another lead slip away against West Ham. Burnley were simply not on their game allowing Michail Antonio two close range finishes from crosses into the box. Fulham will be looking to raid the wings and put in the type of crosses which brought the Hammers so much joy. Maybe Mitrovic will start or come off the bench if Fulham see a weakness in the Claret’s back line.

The referee is David Coote with Peter Bankes on VAR. Let’s not wait any longer to guarantee our PL status. Let’s look forward to when crowds return to our football grounds. COYC!

Amen to that COYC! Cheers Outwood.

need to keep them tense....stretch them, with as much attacking threat as we can muster, importance is such...that the fear of us scoring will be enough to unsettle them....so no sitting back, at least, not until we're 3 up.

Such a bloody shame that Robbie Brady's injured again.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

need to keep them tense....stretch them, with as much attacking threat as we can muster, importance is such...that the fear of us scoring will be enough to unsettle them....so no sitting back, at least, not until we're 3 up.

Totally agree Norder we should be going all out to win this game, but I fear that Dyche will be setting uo for a 0-0. I think he may play Wood & Barnes up front and revert to Dyche Ball, but I hope not as I think through balls to Vydra played on the deck could be fruitful. Parker will set Fulham up to deal with crosses into the box destined to Wood's head.

Now that WBA are out of the picture which would you rather have, us playing Fulham tomorrow or us playing Sheff U and someone else playing Fulham?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Now that WBA are out of the picture which would you rather have, us playing Fulham tomorrow or us playing Sheff U and someone else playing Fulham?
    Forgot to say and left it too long to edit, I'd prefer to play them, I have a friend who is an only one F in Fulham fan. I can't remember us being directly responsible for someone else's relegation (playing them I mean, not like the orient game).

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Forgot to say and left it too long to edit, I'd prefer to play them, I have a friend who is an only one F in Fulham fan. I can't remember us being directly responsible for someone else's relegation (playing them I mean, not like the orient game).
    we're responsible for ourselves, as they are - Kriti.....with each and every game played,they all count, so if it means that the next game was their last chance to save themselves , yet they fail to do so.....then I can't see why that has anything directly to do with us....it isn't personal...is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    but I hope not as I think through balls to Vydra played on the deck could be fruitful. Parker will set Fulham up to deal with crosses into the box destined to Wood's head.
    agree...Vydra, busy lad, can dribble and wriggle, here and there, and who knows where....is difficult to pin, and the less obvious the better, keep them guessing, better than the regular.

Could go either way this, first goal could be crucial for settling nerves.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)