+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starmer’s Idea Of “Taking Responsibility”......

This man hasn't got a clue about the mood of the British people. Who in their right mind would send a Remainer in to contest the Hartlepool by election. It was like sending an Arab into a synagogue to buy a pound of pork sausages!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

When are Labour going to drop all this “bother/sister/comrade” bo ll ox......this era has gone, it died in 79 when Thatcher trounced Labour and smashed the union stranglehold on our nation.

Labour have got to rid itself of this hatred of aspirational people and business.

They peddle a doctrine of hate against any form of wealth or anyone they perceive of being from a privileged background whereas the Tories now embrace anybody and don’t look down on sections of society.

Unless of course they are high up in the Labour Party! The last 20 years has probably seen the biggest increase of privilege background in the Labour Party in its history, even though their hatred of aspirational people and business remains because in essence the party is now one of envy.

All the pigs are equal but some are more equal than others. So many of the Labour Party are now in the politics of envy even though they often have so much themselves that they are the envy of most working class people. They resent the fact that some others have more wealth than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Unless of course they are high up in the Labour Party! The last 20 years has probably seen the biggest increase of privilege background in the Labour Party in its history, even though their hatred of aspirational people and business remains because in essence the party is now one of envy.

All the pigs are equal but some are more equal than others. So many of the Labour Party are now in the politics of envy even though they often have so much themselves that they are the envy of most working class people. They resent the fact that some others have more wealth than them.
    You’re so right about this Yarm.

Look at the privileged background and private education of Harlot Harmon for example and the sneering attitude she had/has to others in the Tory party who had the same advantages as she had.

Then take a look at her husband, that miserable, sniping little worm Jack Dromey.

He was on TV this morning and still talking in his best union voice for all the “brothers and sisters” to unite FFS 😩😩

He is the epitome of the problem on the one side of Labour and his wife is the epitome of the elitist problem at the other end.

Starmer's efforts to get the Labour Party back in tune with its traditional northern working class voters truly reflected with his 'new' Shadow Ministers. Number of Brexit supporters in the list? NONE.

For a change, I do actually agree with some of the points made here.

As someone who has voted Labour in every election until the most recent one - Labour are unelectable, because they are too far away from the centre line of politics.
    Starmer is trying to unite the far left and the Blairites, which isn't possible
    The average working man no longer votes Labour, because they are seen (justifiably) as cutting opportunity for them

Having said all of that, Starmer is still the best leader for Labour at the moment in my view. Even Burnham would struggle inheriting this mess from Corbyn. Anyone linked with Momentum or Corbyn can go and take a running long jump away from the LP and centre-left (Blairite) MPs should be put to the forefront of the party. This is how they become electable again.

By the way, this Tory government are not a centre left Govt. That is outrageous. What they are is closer to the centre line than Labour. Labour have IMO let the country down in the last few years, we needed credible and serious opposition. Instead the Tories have been allowed free reign to run riot for their own benefit. And Labour have to take a huge slice of responsibility for that.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

As someone who has voted Labour in every election until the most recent one - Labour are unelectable, because they are too far away from the centre line of politics.
    The average working man no longer votes Labour, because they are seen (justifiably) as cutting opportunity for them

Having said all of that, Starmer is still the best leader for Labour at the moment in my view. Even Burnham would struggle inheriting this mess from Corbyn. Anyone linked with Momentum or Corbyn can go and take a running long jump away from the LP and centre-left (Blairite) MPs should be put to the forefront of the party. This is how they become electable again.

By the way, this Tory government are not a centre left Govt. That is outrageous. What they are is closer to the centre line than Labour. Labour have IMO let the country down in the last few years, we needed credible and serious opposition. Instead the Tories have been allowed free reign to run riot for their own benefit. And Labour have to take a huge slice of responsibility for that.
    This Tory Government does have a Centre Left economics policy so not outrageous IMO.

PS I didn't vote Conservative at the recent local elections.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    This Tory Government does have a Centre Left economics policy so not outrageous IMO.

PS I didn't vote Conservative at the recent local elections.
    At the very least this is the most Left leaning Right wing government of all time.

The majority of the nation has been supported in some form or another for 14 months now.

I have Labour voting friends who’ve said that they can’t believe the level of support given and that it’s hard to believe a Labour government would’ve come anywhere close.

I do feel that a few too many have slipped through the cracks though, especially those who had only just opened a business.

Overall though, this has been more “Nanny State” than one would’ve believed possible from a Tory government.

It’ll be another 10-15 years minimum before Labour have even a chance of being electable.

I do think Boris Johnson has been incredibly lucky with his 'enemies' right now.

In England it would be difficult to choose from Labour, SNP and the EU which is the most discredited, loathed or perceived as anti-English right now.

Their loss IMO
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 10-05-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

I know that we don't always gel with our politics 123, but I do admire your honesty with this post. Being an ex Labour Party voter up until the 80's when I switched to the Tories, I am worried that the lack of proper opposition to this government is detrimental to this country. I would love to see the Labour Party rise from the ashes and keep tabs on the Tories but it is obvious now that left wing policies do not sit comfortably with the majority of the British people at this current time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)