+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley statistics

Barnsley statistics

Provided by Opta for the 24 teams in the Championship season 20/21 over the 46 league games.

Passes into opposition box- 1380- ranked 1st

Passes into final third- 3373- ranked 1st

Pass accuracy in opposition half- 51%- ranked 23rd

Tackles- 653- ranked 1st

Possession won in final third- 199 times- ranked 1st

Possession won in entire pitch- 2344- ranked 1st

Amazing effort by the lads. To top almost all of those statistics is an unbelievable effort and tells a story of our work rate and directness.

The 'pass accuracy in opposition half' stat some might say is something to work on. However, let's not forget that Vals tactics are to get the ball forward quickly and directly into areas of the pitch to squeeze the opposition or pick up those second balls. Val has clearly sacrificed possession in favour of squeezing areas of the pitch to hem the opponents in. Hence only half of our passes in the opposition half actually reach a red shirt. We are obviously not a side that passes through midfield so that's why we lie 23rd in that particular field!

More quality in possession and you'd win the league Pass with those stats , by a fecking country mile .

Remarkable set of numbers .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    More quality in possession and you'd win the league Pass with those stats , by a fecking country mile .

Remarkable set of numbers .
    I know mate I was astounded when I saw those stats to see we were 1st in many of them. As tha sez, a bit more quality in possession and we are a formidable opponent.

However, let's remember that Ismael only had this squad at his disposal when he arrived. He assessed the players, obviously made our weaknesses known to the powers that be, got them to bring in a couple of gems in the January transfer window and has executed a lethal and very effective game plan in order to get the best out of the lads as well as good results.

Tha looks at our 1st goal today against Norwich. It typifies our pressing and work rate under Val this season. Thuz not many teams with our fitness, doggedness and endeavour and av watched a fair few championship teams this season.

I remember Frieser (laiked under Val at LASK) being interviewed by Look North when Val first arrived and he said that our players would have to be very fit and ready to work extremely hard to laik in Ismaels high intensity pressing game. He weren't wrong wo he!

Thing is Animal, the lads have clearly bought into it haven't they. Even the forgotten players like Sibbick and Victor have come back in and made a telling contribution. The lads clearly believe in our head coach. He's manager of the year without a doubt in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I know mate I was astounded when I saw those stats to see we were 1st in many of them. As tha sez, a bit more quality in possession and we are a formidable opponent.

However, let's remember that Ismael only had this squad at his disposal when he arrived. He assessed the players, obviously made our weaknesses known to the powers that be, got them to bring in a couple of gems in the January transfer window and has executed a lethal and very effective game plan in order to get the best out of the lads as well as good results.

Tha looks at our 1st goal today against Norwich. It typifies our pressing and work rate under Val this season. Thuz not many teams with our fitness, doggedness and endeavour and av watched a fair few championship teams this season.

I remember Frieser (laiked under Val at LASK) being interviewed by Look North when Val first arrived and he said that our players would have to be very fit and ready to work extremely hard to laik in Ismaels high intensity pressing game. He weren't wrong wo he!

Thing is Animal, the lads have clearly bought into it haven't they. Even the forgotten players like Sibbick and Victor have come back in and made a telling contribution. The lads clearly believe in our head coach. He's manager of the year without a doubt in my opinion.
    Well I'm struggling to find a HC or manager whose got more out of the spend in the championship .

It's absolutely ridiculous what he's got out of this group in this day and age .

I know we don't get to know what we've spent these days but I reckon this squad was put together comfortably under £8m .

Ivan Toney alone cost Brentford that amount of money .

The greatest thing for me personally is that we even in these times keep the dream alive for the smaller club .

We are three games away from the Premier League on a handful of absolutely nothing .

If we make it , it actually supersedes 97 in my opinion because the championship wasn't at that time what it is today .

One of the things that amazes me is that we've had so few injuries when playing the style that we have. Having a high level of fitness clearly appears to have reduced susceptibility to injuries; I don't think it's down to luck. Woodrow has previously been a bit injury prone, Palmer has had injuries previously and Morris is supposedly injury prone, but they've all coped well with the playing style and appear to have had relatively minor or no injuries.

Fantastic stats them who knows we may sign a player or 2 which ever league were in to sort the stat out where were 23rd.if we dont get to prem(and i think weve a real chance)hope val stays to finish job, poland qualified for euro 20 hopefully helic play's defends great and scores a few he be worth a fortune?sell him and we shouldnt av to sell anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well I'm struggling to find a HC or manager whose got more out of the spend in the championship .

It's absolutely ridiculous what he's got out of this group in this day and age .

I know we don't get to know what we've spent these days but I reckon this squad was put together comfortably under £8m .

Ivan Toney alone cost Brentford that amount of money .

The greatest thing for me personally is that we even in these times keep the dream alive for the smaller club .

We are three games away from the Premier League on a handful of absolutely nothing .

If we make it , it actually supersedes 97 in my opinion because the championship wasn't at that time what it is today .
    When you say smaller club I presume you mean budget wise as I don’t see us as smaller than any of the other teams in the playoffs, probably the biggest historically The inferiority complex can be frustrating at times

This wouldn’t be better than 97 in my opinion, we won automatic promotion then rather than finishing 5th. The Championship has been a weak division this season I think