+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Players that fit our budget for next season you'd like to see signed.

Paul Mullin will cost coin but you never know.

If we’re talking an experienced striker what about Jon Akinde at Gillingham decent goal record and he can take a penalty we might get a few in league 1 with our tricky players Hopefully Ogbene and JJ

There is only 1 guy who fits the bill and that is Roy of the Rovers, but I think he may fail PWs youth and fitness test.

We need to sign players which can play for plan a or plan b. Last season we signed players for 451 / 4411 with a focus on wingers, we even let players go in Jan with this in mind. We then changed to 352 / 343 / 3411, and had no cover for CBs or LWB, playing a RB or CM at LWB.

What is likely going to be poor preferred formation now?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    We need to sign players which can play for plan a or plan b. Last season we signed players for 451 / 4411 with a focus on wingers, we even let players go in Jan with this in mind. We then changed to 352 / 343 / 3411, and had no cover for CBs or LWB, playing a RB or CM at LWB.

What is likely going to be poor preferred formation now?
    4-5-1 I assume, with two nippy outer midfielders like Ogbene and a big bludgeon of a centre forward try to hold up the ball

3 - 5 - 2 / 5 - 3 - 2

3 at the back, middle 3 using central midfielders and then interchangeable wingers / wingbacks.

Two new lads up front.

I think that would in league one. We certainly looked deadly when Cheo got down the wing and we missed that this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, you've banged his drum for weeks now, I hope this doesn't blow up in your face if we sign him and he's average to s.hite...
    I know Brin, I mentioned him in the January transfer window.

Get Alex Revell in has adviser to Paul Warne

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Get Alex Revell in has adviser to Paul Warne
    An unambitious and not very brilliant suggestion

Just go out and poach the Accrington chief scout.They seem to be able to get these lower league and non league players in abundance.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast