+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Soon?

How would the club move Joe Mattock on ?
    He's under contract till 2022, lives local and doesn't need to move if he doesn't want to.
    I would hope to keep Viktor and Vickers, another left- back needed.
    Teddy Bishop a central midfielder may be worth a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I also think they are all too rotherham-centric,maybe moving away from the cronyism and get someone in on the coaching staff with no affliction might see things a bit different…
    Yes, that’s the idea

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Definitely something to look at and see if it needs freshening up. I really hope we make tactical strides this off season and can clearly see what we have be working on.

Defensively I really think we are pretty much there already if everyone stayed, plus a LWB. Hopefully the support staff can make us more attractive going the other way.

I'd love us to find a gem of an attacking mid. A real footballer, between the lines, linking and creating. Someone crafty who takes it on the half turn.
    Agree in principle but doesn’t quite seem to fit with our general style - I had high hopes for David Ball who was probably the last of that type of player we had, but just didn’t click as we are always likely to play with at least one big striker.

I can't decide whether going with a management team with no affinity to the club would be beneficial. In recent times it doesn't seem to have worked out too well (Mick Harford, Andy Scott, Alan Stubbs, Neil Redfern, Kenny Jackitin) although Steve Evans bucked that trend. Perhaps we should go with someone who has a connection but no affinity. I hear Mr. Blackstock is looking to get into management and TS has a soft spot for him

Dont forget Trevor Clarke, who was signed as a LWB.

Miller he's same as Flo not strong enough. Crooks will probably go to a championship club but for us there he didn't quite take his chances. Olosunde he'll go but Harding is more reliable. Of the loans two worth keeping Wing & Giles unlikely we'll keep them. Blackman Flo Hirst can go back to their parent clubs. Clarke can go. It's not all doom & gloom Cooper & Kayode are back. Robertson pity but injured too often he'll be released along with S McDonald hopefully. Get Proctor off the books. Will need a different manager to get shut of players like S Mac. I'd keep Vickers we are going to need another keeper. So from memory Victor Vickers Harding Icky A McDonald Cooper Mattock Ogbene Wiles Lindsay Barlaser Smith Ladapo Kayode players to keep for next season. Might have forgot someone.

Correct, much too soon. I'm all Millersed out. Give me time to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Miller he's same as Flo not strong enough. Crooks will probably go to a championship club but for us there he didn't quite take his chances. Olosunde he'll go but Harding is more reliable. Of the loans two worth keeping Wing & Giles unlikely we'll keep them. Blackman Flo Hirst can go back to their parent clubs. Clarke can go. It's not all doom & gloom Cooper & Kayode are back. Robertson pity but injured too often he'll be released along with S McDonald hopefully. Get Proctor off the books. Will need a different manager to get shut of players like S Mac. I'd keep Vickers we are going to need another keeper. So from memory Victor Vickers Harding Icky A McDonald Cooper Mattock Ogbene Wiles Lindsay Barlaser Smith Ladapo Kayode players to keep for next season. Might have forgot someone.
    Forgot Wood he's got another year but that's got to be final

I think Tilt should have stayed here but think he might now want to leave and you definitely can’t blame him

Miller imo will do well next season for us but then again that’s down to management

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    How would the club move Joe Mattock on ?
    He's under contract till 2022, lives local and doesn't need to move if he doesn't want to.
    I would hope to keep Viktor and Vickers, another left- back needed.
    Teddy Bishop a central midfielder may be worth a look at.
    Viktor will be here but Vickers contract runs out so need to renew
    Clarke needs to be brought up to standard (whoever standards that is) for LB but won’t surprise me if he wants to leave
    If any other come in for Mattock even for peanuts I’d let him go and get another younger LB in

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast