+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Too Soon?

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    On subject of squad size didn’t the league bring a rule out for no bigger than 20 in lower divisions if so this is going to be a delicate balancing act and if true can’t be handing out contract renewals to sicknotes like Robertson and S Mac
    I know there’s no guarantees but as regards recruitment we really need to be looking at past appearance records as one of the main criteria for new signings
    Not sure because it’s hard to keep up with all these seemingly yearly changes,but seem to think you can have as many youth or developments,home grown However you like to describe them as you want…but I think the limit is regard to senior squad…which in turn is why the likes of Cooper,Kayode and maybe even grattan and have we got someone called hull who maybe on fringes come into play…

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I'd be surprised if any cship clubs pay decent money for any of our players.

Semi and Vaulks were the real deal and played well game after game. Our current crop are too inconsistent and miss loads of chances.
    There,s likely to be interest from the bigger L1 clubs though
    Why do you devalue our players?There is quite a lot of talent at this club and this can be confirmed by the high number of chances we have created.It is the lack of not having a poacher to finish that has been our downfall.We have valuable players who should not be undersold as has been the case in the past.I think if we can keep the majority of the squad we will have every chance of a quick return.But if one of our gems is sold the manager must have the funds to re-invest.

FAO MarkSimmons. Did your post fall foul of the 'bug' in the mobile app where it deletes it when you try to edit? I can see it and it seems like an excellent post and I can undelete it but don't want to do so in case you meant to delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    FAO MarkSimmons. Did your post fall foul of the 'bug' in the mobile app where it deletes it when you try to edit? I can see it and it seems like an excellent post and I can undelete it but don't want to do so in case you meant to delete it?
    Probably thought better.
    I’ve done it before

For league 1 we need to keep hold of Smith wiles and barlazer.
    Crooks and ladapo can be sold for decent money if it comes in.
    Build for the promotional push with a eye on future championship std players..

Viktor is a good keeper.
    We have 6 or 7 good defenders
    We have 6 good midfielders
    And 2 decent strikers.
    Add the fringe players with 4 or 5 additions and we have a very good squad

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    For league 1 we need to keep hold of Smith wiles and barlazer.
    Crooks and ladapo can be sold for decent money if it comes in.
    Build for the promotional push with a eye on future championship std players..

Viktor is a good keeper.
    We have 6 or 7 good defenders
    We have 6 good midfielders
    And 2 decent strikers.
    Add the fringe players with 4 or 5 additions and we have a very good squad
    The one thing we need(as do all teams),is a natural finisher,Le Fondre would have got 20 this season.
    The next time we are in the Championship we can`t afford to miss so many chances,as at this level the oppostion will score if you don`t.

Agard is available

Warne must insist that he is allowed to spend ALL money received from player sales or threaten to walk and he must also demand at the very least a competitive budget for this level. Didn't Stewart tell Forest he wanted £5 million for Crooks ? Wonder what he'll accept now ?. First priority has to be a top class striker. They are out there so step up to the plate Mr Scott and find us one.

Ladapo was out top scorer in L1

Name Total League FA Cup EFL Cup
    Freddie Ladapo 17 14 2 1

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Warne must insist that he is allowed to spend ALL money received from player sales or threaten to walk and he must also demand at the very least a competitive budget for this level. Didn't Stewart tell Forest he wanted £5 million for Crooks ? Wonder what he'll accept now ?. First priority has to be a top class striker. They are out there so step up to the plate Mr Scott and find us one.
    We had Kieffer Moore but he slipped through our fingers probably due to wage demands

So we can find them but that’s not the battle is it?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast