+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby County set to be hit with points deduction

Derby County set to be hit with points deduction

For cross reference this is the report on the original decision to deduct points from Sheffield Wednesday:

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/efl-d...n-sanction.pdf

Don’t tell me there no cheating going on because there absolutely is the *******s

Any points deductions should be this season and Wycombe given a reprieve.
    Derby signed loan players they couldn't afford in Jan so those events affected this seasons results

Disgusting but expected. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

We might not be perfect but at least we play with integrity as to how the club is run.

It’s is really disgusting,and i know I am going back abit but when us and Bournemouth got minus 17 points and I think Luton got minus 30 and that was in league two,which gave Luton practically no chance of survival and sent into the non league graveyard.luckily us and Bournemouth had a good run out of it and also don’t forget which players would come to club and sign on that basis was hard on us too…and when that punishment was metered out we had no right of appeal,it was either accept it or get thrown out of league altogether…
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 09-05-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Any points deductions should be this season and Wycombe given a reprieve.
    Derby signed loan players they couldn't afford in Jan so those events affected this seasons results
    They’ve had all season to do this but chose to wait until now, Clubs should be asking as to why? So yes you’re right

It does seem b8llocks but I try to think that the longer we stay in contention for a Championship place our more sustainable finances will make it more likely we will be able to stay there and grow, as the larger dodgier clubs finally feel the consequences of years of overstretching in a league when only three teams a year get the real financial payoff.