+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg Barnsley v Swansea City Match Thoughts

Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg Barnsley v Swansea City Match Thoughts

Well here we are , one of the two biggest games in the club's entire history , at least since 2000 as a minimum .

Let me make my position quite clear , this isn't a free hit in my opinion .

Absolutely no way with the kind of money at stake could this tie or potential final be classed as a free hit .

It's taken over 20 years to get in this position again from the days of Danny Wilson and Dave Bassett and I suspect it will another 20 years before it happens again if it ever does at all .

In my opinion when these opportunities come around at a club such as ourselves then you have to take it .

We can overcome Swansea there's no doubt in my mind but it won't be easy and I expect two very tight games .

I can hardly wait .

Hey lads, heres what Benny Bloom has got to say about this match up, and in fairness to him as usual, he is always neutral to whoever plays.

I wish I could be neutral as well when talking about the Play offs, but for obvious reasons this season, I can't be and I will NOT be of course!. It's ALL abaart the Barnsley here this time isn't it lol.

How can we win here ehh, what is our best chance of beating Swanny ?. Well surely it's play to our strengths for a start, and don't change anything. Do what we have done to get us into 5th place this season, and see where it takes us. Lets try and intimidate the ref for a start if possible, because they will definitely do this, like most team try to do against us.

Val will surely have them WELL UP for this, and obviously we don't want careless mistakes costing us again like in the previous games against them this season. Yes they were/are the only team to 'double' us this season, but Im hoping that won't mean anything when it comes to these two matches. For me, it's a 2 legged Cup Semi Final clean slate.

And we can't NOT post this can we, and maybe look back in glory just a little bit lol.
    It's got nowt to do with this match up of course, but it's always worth watching again (although it is a poor quality video).
    And how did Lee Trundle and Alan Tate both fail to score the winner when they were outplaying us in Extra time, I'll never know!.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well here we are , one of the two biggest games in the club's entire history , at least since 2000 as a minimum .

Let me make my position quite clear , this isn't a free hit in my opinion .

Absolutely no way with the kind of money at stake could this tie or potential final be classed as a free hit .

It's taken over 20 years to get in this position again from the days of Danny Wilson and Dave Bassett and I suspect it will another 20 years before it happens again if it ever does at all .

In my opinion when these opportunities come around at a club such as ourselves then you have to take it .

We can overcome Swansea there's no doubt in my mind but it won't be easy and I expect two very tight games .

I can hardly wait .
    Tight games? A see thaz gone fo 3 nowt in predictions league! Fekking hell, ad settle fo that mate

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Tight games? A see thaz gone fo 3 nowt in predictions league! Fekking hell, ad settle fo that mate
    Totally tactical Pass , I need three four pointers to have any chance of nicking the league off Fantykestic so need to be left field so to speak .

I don't believe it will happen on both fronts .

Mind you who knows in this crazy season , even Nudger was reight in September !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Totally tactical Pass , I need three four pointers to have any chance of nicking the league off Fantykestic so need to be left field so to speak .

I don't believe it will happen on both fronts .

Mind you who knows in this crazy season , even Nudger was reight in September !!!!!
    Av been trying to catch Fantykestic fo weeks nar but can't get near him. Fair play to the blowk, he's been way art in front of us lot all season and a worthy winner.

As for the Swansea match, I can't call it. Could be a bad referee decision or a mistake that settles this tie

This in my opinion is a potentially 210 minutes game of football .

When the full time whistle blows on Monday night it may not be even half time .

For me personally the first leg is all about staying in the tie for us because I feel our style with the away record to prove it is where the key is to winning the tie .

I'd take a 1-1 tonight all day long , a slender lead I'd be ecstatic , anything above that is dream land .

Val knows what he's doing with experience of Europa League two legged football .

Right bang in the tie heading to the Liberty Stadium on Saturday evening is fine by me .

I've a good feeling about this , we respect everyone but fear nobody .

# we always make the final #

When was the last time we actually beat Swansea home or away in league or cup? I know we ent laiked each other much over recent years but I can't recall a single Reds victory over them in 90 mins in my time.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    When was the last time we actually beat Swansea home or away in league or cup? I know we ent laiked each other much over recent years but I can't recall a single Reds victory over them in 90 mins in my time.
    It often comes up does this , I reckon October 1981 maybe the last time we beat em at Oakwell when they were a first division side and we were just up to the old second division under Norman Hunter , 2-0 that night in the league cup .

Yep I reckon it was that Lg Cup win against them in season 81-82. John the tosh Toshack was their manager at the time, and they played at the old Vetch field ground.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast