+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: End of an era?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Fair point Brin on the fact that not taking the risk in heavier investment of his own money costing more than if he'd taken that investment and succeeded. Gambled asks won if you like. How much did Stewart invest in January with the loans he did bring in and how much of his money would you count as "that bit extra"with which you'd be happy?
    rp, I don't have a clue, which is probably what you're after me saying , how much Stewart invested in January, but did he invest anything?
    Don't forget we moved 6 players out on loan to other clubs who will by their actions, be picking up some our players wages so, with moving 6 out did Stewart balance the books by using the income coming in for said players on the 2 incoming players?
    Fine margins indeed and probably only Stewart and a handful will know about.

My problem is with Warney not Stewart. Robins he's kept Coventry up on not a dissimilar budget to us. I know he's been injured but Sadlier never got a chance when he returned to the squad, he kept bringing Hirst on, why? Sadlier he'd got goals in him proved that at Donny. Played in Crooks role should have been tried. Wasn't happened with Barlaser? Can't understand Flo getting in the side last game of the season. Going back when we needed a centre back to replace Wood Warney signed Tilt who was injured when we signed him, I don't like waisting money or club waisting money Tilt was waste of a wage we'll still be paying part of his wage. Whose answerable or have the final say on signings?

End of an era

I reckon the dinosaurs felt the same way

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    My problem is with Warney not Stewart. Robins he's kept Coventry up on not a dissimilar budget to us. I know he's been injured but Sadlier never got a chance when he returned to the squad, he kept bringing Hirst on, why? Sadlier he'd got goals in him proved that at Donny. Played in Crooks role should have been tried. Wasn't happened with Barlaser? Can't understand Flo getting in the side last game of the season. Going back when we needed a centre back to replace Wood Warney signed Tilt who was injured when we signed him, I don't like waisting money or club waisting money Tilt was waste of a wage we'll still be paying part of his wage. Whose answerable or have the final say on signings?
    You always make some decent points gru but can you understand the fact that you get so entrenched in an idea and stick to it whatsoever is what people find annoying. OK, so on past games the thought of having Flo in the starting lineup yesterday was puzzling but are you saying it didn't work out? What was the score when he left the pitch? He certainly didn't look lightweight to me and was causing Cardiff some concern. Likewise, what was the score when he came onto the pitch last Saturday against Blackburn and again seemed to give them cause for concern? I'm not saying his loan worked out well over the course of the entire season but you seem to be unable to give credit where its due, either regarding players or manager.

A significant part of our squad has just walked out of the door.

Our replacements so far are about the same as the UK score in the Eurovision Song Contest

All that time, effort, match time has just evaporated but to the advantage of parent clubs

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    This is just stupid. I just don't understand why supporters from the far left to the crazy right all leap to defend our beloved leader. Stewart gets the kudos. Ordinary fans on MM don't. Stewart's property company gets an excellent return on investment in NYS. Ordinary fans on MM don't. The guy may be a great light bulb maker. Personally I don't give a flying frick. But as chairman of a football club he's useless. His corner shop mentality has seen us blow yet another opportunity. I've been watching the Millers since 1965 and I just don't see all this praise for Stewart is justified. I've watched better players, more entertaining teams, and had more excitement as a Miller on many many occasions than I have experienced under Stewart and Warne's dead hand. I just don't understand you lads. Next thing you'll be flying a giant blimp and voting him in as mayor. Pathetic.
    You are a f*cking disgrace,end of.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You always make some decent points gru but can you understand the fact that you get so entrenched in an idea and stick to it whatsoever is what people find annoying. OK, so on past games the thought of having Flo in the starting lineup yesterday was puzzling but are you saying it didn't work out? What was the score when he left the pitch? He certainly didn't look lightweight to me and was causing Cardiff some concern. Likewise, what was the score when he came onto the pitch last Saturday against Blackburn and again seemed to give them cause for concern? I'm not saying his loan worked out well over the course of the entire season but you seem to be unable to give credit where its due, either regarding players or manager.
    CAM Flo like Miller can hardly manage 45 mins. Not a 1st team player to me that.

Was Dan Barlaser injured yesterday?

I know he was on the bench but why wasn’t he brought on?

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    This is just stupid. I just don't understand why supporters from the far left to the crazy right all leap to defend our beloved leader. Stewart gets the kudos. Ordinary fans on MM don't. Stewart's property company gets an excellent return on investment in NYS. Ordinary fans on MM don't. The guy may be a great light bulb maker. Personally I don't give a flying frick. But as chairman of a football club he's useless. His corner shop mentality has seen us blow yet another opportunity. I've been watching the Millers since 1965 and I just don't see all this praise for Stewart is justified. I've watched better players, more entertaining teams, and had more excitement as a Miller on many many occasions than I have experienced under Stewart and Warne's dead hand. I just don't understand you lads. Next thing you'll be flying a giant blimp and voting him in as mayor. Pathetic.
    No YOU ARE PATHETIC. And I don't believe you've been watching us since 65 Ive been there since 63... and if you HAD lived through everyone from the Purshouses to the Booths then you would know enough to keep your fat trap shut.
    Without TS there would be NO RUFC now.
    So why don't you feck off to S6 or S2 or Barnsley or Donny and take the arsehole Gru with you?
    I promise you we'll give you arousing sendoff and there will be no touching memorials on the empty NYS seats that I don't believe you have ever occupied.
    Just do one.
    And start with fecking off from here.

Yep about correct.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast