+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: End of an era?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I think that this board is pretty much a cross section of Millers supporters from many backgrounds and points of view. But away from this board, as a lifelong Miller brought up on home and away trips I know loads of miles fans that dont post in here. None of them are on the extremes that you take, nor on the other extreme that Warne is faultless.

The vast majority, in fact I don't know any that think otherwise, acknowledge that Stewart is doing the right thing with steady investment but ultimately making sure we live within our means in order to keep our club safe, they recognise the dark places we've been in for most of our lifetimes supporting our club and the main thing is ensuring our long term future whilst investing what he feels is the right amount for himself to keep us challenging.

And (still only anecdotally I know) they recognise that Warne has made mistakes, has much to learn, plays not great football but on balance is a good bet for working within our means to get the best out of the budget we have. I'm probably one of the most cynical on Warne, I feel he is limited and prone to make quite significant game errors that have cost us. But on balance I have to say that we would struggle to get someone that would do better on our budget and, most significantly, could get much, much worse that could very easily send us back to the dark ages.
    A sensible and pragmatic assessment in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    My problem is with Warney not Stewart. Robins he's kept Coventry up on not a dissimilar budget to us. I know he's been injured but Sadlier never got a chance when he returned to the squad, he kept bringing Hirst on, why? Sadlier he'd got goals in him proved that at Donny. Played in Crooks role should have been tried. Wasn't happened with Barlaser? Can't understand Flo getting in the side last game of the season. Going back when we needed a centre back to replace Wood Warney signed Tilt who was injured when we signed him, I don't like waisting money or club waisting money Tilt was waste of a wage we'll still be paying part of his wage. Whose answerable or have the final say on signings?
    Is this the same Robins you're eulogising, who f u cked right off to Barnsley to feather his own little nest and left us at a strole. Have you ANY clue as to how pathetic you are?

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Once again we missed that opportunity, when the manager wanted to bring in a player in the January window he was not allowed..
    Was that a fact or an assumption?

Gru Barlaser is still recovering and isn’t fully fit!!!

If you don't want to spend money don't own a football club.

Like buying a porche but don't want to spend extra for the parts.

Chuffin eck monts tha knows how to upset Miller's fans on here. Think it's time you called it a day now. You obviously don't like supporting the millers anymore - If you ever did- go and support another team.

like the tuna man.
    spent millions and is in the ****.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    If you don't want to spend money don't own a football club.

Like buying a porche but don't want to spend extra for the parts.
    What planet are our fans on.

Did we forget that we went bankrupt? Twice. That nobody wanted to own Rotherham United so we ended up with a rag tag selection of local businessmen just trying (and failing) to keep the club alive.

Using your analogy, me and you both like looking at Porsche's, but neither of us can afford one. If the nice man down the street sells his porche, that's it, we're stuck looking at an old Ford KA.

For perspective:
    in the 48 seasons from 1965/66 to 2013/14. TOTAL 5 in 2nd tier
    in the 7 seasons from 2014/15 to 2020/21. TOTAL 5 in 2nd tier.

Not to mention a stadium to be proud of.

Some of our fans just don't realise how good we have it. The younger kids I can understand it, but the older ones complaining really should know better. They're spoilt and they're probably losers in life if they can't understand how unreasonable they're being to expect someone else to gamble their money and the clubs future.

“What planet are our fans on”

Apart from the missing question mark that comment is priceless in an ironic sort of way

It’s odd that in one breath certain folks on here tell us to “move on” but at the same time bang on about what is now history

Being an internet psychologist, should you not be in bed old man?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast