+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: End of an era?

Shouldn’t you employ a script writer?

Why would a happily married old man, who you refer to as Mrs G, be posting in the early hours most nights.

I just came up with a creative idea on piano, and needed to put it down. It's down in midi via my midi controller. Needed to save the idea. I am a clumsy piano player, but I can smarten it up in midi during the week.

I love major 7th's. The idea in my head is based around major 7th's. Root to major 7th, subdominant while keeping the major 7th in the bass, then to the dominant to the relative minor.

And all the time keeping the bass note as a flattened root.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    I love major 7th's. The idea in my head is based around major 7th's. Root to major 7th, subdominant while keeping the major 7th in the bass, then to the dominant to the relative minor.

And all the time keeping the bass note as a flattened root.
    Get back on banter TC then you can all bore yourself sh*tl*as together apart from whiston01 & hillsboroughmiller!

When did being a football fan become so political? I too, have watched the Millers a long time. Seen all the ups and downs, from the Doc's management to now.
    I know after the Booth era, everyone was calling out for stability. We've certainly had more than that. We've been at NYS nine seasons and it's been an incredible rollercoaster. Five of those seasons in the Championship. Imagine that in 2008!
    If the Chairman wants to run our club in a realistic and pragmatic way, good for him.It matters little to me what division we are in, I just love the buzz of live games.
    I've a feeling there's a lot more in the TS/PW story to occur. As the annoying, Ryland Clarke says ."Exciting times".

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    If you don't want to spend money don't own a football club.

Like buying a porche but don't want to spend extra for the parts.
    He is spending plenty of money. Just not enough for some supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    My problem is with Warney not Stewart. Robins he's kept Coventry up on not a dissimilar budget to us. I know he's been injured but Sadlier never got a chance when he returned to the squad, he kept bringing Hirst on, why? Sadlier he'd got goals in him proved that at Donny. Played in Crooks role should have been tried. Wasn't happened with Barlaser? Can't understand Flo getting in the side last game of the season. Going back when we needed a centre back to replace Wood Warney signed Tilt who was injured when we signed him, I don't like waisting money or club waisting money Tilt was waste of a wage we'll still be paying part of his wage. Whose answerable or have the final say on signings?
    gru,

With all due respect, how do you know ours and Coventry's (or any other clubs) budgets for the past season?
    From memory, Coventry made several signings very soon after the last season was concluded.
    I'm sure they paid over £1.2million for one player (Gustavo Hamer).
    Agree with you about Sadlier - should have played more - a good replacement for Crookes when he ran out of steam.
    I believe that Barlasser has been struggling for fitness, since the Covid outbreak.
    The decision to pick Flo confused me until I realised he's on loan from Derby, who will probably release him this summer and he had a point to prove. Plus, he played really well.
    The Tilt transfer was/is a complete mystery and looks to a waste of money. Wasted wages plus he cost £100k or more initial fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    gru,

With all due respect, how do you know ours and Coventry's (or any other clubs) budgets for the past season?
    From memory, Coventry made several signings very soon after the last season was concluded.
    I'm sure they paid over £1.2million for one player (Gustavo Hamer).
    Agree with you about Sadlier - should have played more - a good replacement for Crookes when he ran out of steam.
    I believe that Barlasser has been struggling for fitness, since the Covid outbreak.
    The decision to pick Flo confused me until I realised he's on loan from Derby, who will probably release him this summer and he had a point to prove. Plus, he played really well.
    The Tilt transfer was/is a complete mystery and looks to a waste of money. Wasted wages plus he cost £100k or more initial fee.
    Also you could argue that Coventry got slightly fortunate by playing at Birmingham,perhaps less overheads and better arrangement than with their landlords,the fact no fans were allowed they didn’t really lose out par for par as much as some by playing away from home…but yes they did spent quite a bit of money on transfers and took the plunge early and at levels which is needed for even average championship players…

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    What planet are our fans on.

Did we forget that we went bankrupt? Twice. That nobody wanted to own Rotherham United so we ended up with a rag tag selection of local businessmen just trying (and failing) to keep the club alive.

Using your analogy, me and you both like looking at Porsche's, but neither of us can afford one. If the nice man down the street sells his porche, that's it, we're stuck looking at an old Ford KA.

For perspective:
    in the 48 seasons from 1965/66 to 2013/14. TOTAL 5 in 2nd tier
    in the 7 seasons from 2014/15 to 2020/21. TOTAL 5 in 2nd tier.

Not to mention a stadium to be proud of.

Some of our fans just don't realise how good we have it. The younger kids I can understand it, but the older ones complaining really should know better. They're spoilt and they're probably losers in life if they can't understand how unreasonable they're being to expect someone else to gamble their money and the clubs future.

Good points John2

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast