+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: End of an era?

Ffs let’s just live in the past and not move on eh?
    What’s wrong with wanting the best for our club?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting the best for our club. The past tells us that bad things happen when it is run in a manner that causes it to run out of money.

Miller top agree. Last season's gone. Time to move on. Don't want Miller or Tilt back. Blackman Flo Hirst don't want back. S McDonald release. Any player who wants to go let them. Another thing Paul Davies saying something like we'd be mad to let Warney go. That's our problem here it's too cosy. I never read what he says or Warney Barker Wood says. They are all in a cushy numbers were we get relegated twice in two full seasons in the championship & are still here. It's not healthy where's incentive to stay up?

That is ironic.

It's not called LIVING IN THE PAST when you reflect upon previous experience and learn from that.
    The club has been bankrupt before (more than once) and suffered numerous points deductions for various misdemeanours.

The BEST for the club means operating with financial stability.

People should consider what has happened during the past season.
    We are living in unprecedented times and it is easy to suggest taking some very brave, rash or even foolish financial decisions when it involves other peoples money.

If the EFL applied their rules correctly, we and Wycombe would have a better chance of competing in the Championship.

Many teams are flaunting those rules and the FFP.
    Reading are currently spending in excess of £2.00 on wages for every £1.00 of income!!!!!
    Many other championship clubs also spend more than £1.00 for every £1.00 of income.
    Some clubs do not file their accounts on time.

It is so frustrating.

Having said all of the above, if one our players could have scored one of the relatively easy chances that we created on Saturday, we would have won 2-1 and survived!!!!
    That could also apply to numerous other chances this season.

BEST for the club is subjective. For me, the years 2012-21 have been the best sustained period of improvement I have seen in the 53 years I’ve been watching us. I’m more than happy for it to continue.

Someone posted the other day that, in L1, we are at least in a league where other teams fans aren’t looking down their noses at us. Well, for the previous thirty years until, and including, when Steve Evans took us up to the championship, that is EXACTLY what L1 supporters did. Incremental.
    Last edited by Beaufighter; 10-05-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Past on here is fetched up for a reason from certain people and you know it.

I’ve always agreed with us having a budget and not fetched overpriced players in.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    What planet are our fans on.

Did we forget that we went bankrupt? Twice. That nobody wanted to own Rotherham United so we ended up with a rag tag selection of local businessmen just trying (and failing) to keep the club alive.

Using your analogy, me and you both like looking at Porsche's, but neither of us can afford one. If the nice man down the street sells his porche, that's it, we're stuck looking at an old Ford KA.

For perspective:
    in the 48 seasons from 1965/66 to 2013/14. TOTAL 5 in 2nd tier
    in the 7 seasons from 2014/15 to 2020/21. TOTAL 5 in 2nd tier.

Not to mention a stadium to be proud of.

Some of our fans just don't realise how good we have it. The younger kids I can understand it, but the older ones complaining really should know better. They're spoilt and they're probably losers in life if they can't understand how unreasonable they're being to expect someone else to gamble their money and the clubs future.
    1000% bang right

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    gru,

With all due respect, how do you know ours and Coventry's (or any other clubs) budgets for the past season?
    From memory, Coventry made several signings very soon after the last season was concluded.
    I'm sure they paid over £1.2million for one player (Gustavo Hamer).
    Agree with you about Sadlier - should have played more - a good replacement for Crookes when he ran out of steam.
    I believe that Barlasser has been struggling for fitness, since the Covid outbreak.
    The decision to pick Flo confused me until I realised he's on loan from Derby, who will probably release him this summer and he had a point to prove. Plus, he played really well.
    The Tilt transfer was/is a complete mystery and looks to a waste of money. Wasted wages plus he cost £100k or more initial fee.
    Then sell him for 100k and re coup the money.

Does Tilts suspension carry forward to next season?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Does Tilts suspension carry forward to next season?
    Yes, irrespective who he played for last.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456