+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart is a class act

At a time when it is still raw I just wish these negative people would just stop posting. We have a Manager who is hurting just like us and has given most of his working life to our club.

I just wish I could give him a hug because I know how much he is hurting. We have missed a lot of chances but the dividing line between staying up and going down is very thin.

Unfortunately when at or towards the bottom we never have any luck. Their equaliser yesterday would have been cleared nine times out of ten.

First and foremost T.S. is a business man, a successful one.
    The club after so much financial problems in the past has at last got some stability although the accounts will show a loss.
    It's a long term investment for the Stewart family, he will eventually want a return on some of the cash he's put into the club.
    Would I like better quality player's?....of course I would, would I like to break the wage structure at the club?...no thanks.
    This is as good as it gets, to go to the next level would take more investment than what T.S. can put in or is prepared to put in, I can't fault him for not putting the club too far into the red by the ' speculate to accumulate ' theory.
    To speculate is to gamble, no guarantee it would work out, it hasn't in the past with certain player's and manager's.
    The books have got to be balanced one way or another. We could do with another Will Vaulks / Shemi Ajayi to sell on at a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I just wish I could give him a hug because I know how much he is hurting.
    Apparently you can tomorrow.

TS's commitment is clear and obvious. He was there and he was feeling it. I can wish for better things; better players on bigger wages, but I can recognise why we need to be pragmatic. We have made progress under TS and PW; it's a partnership that works. Long may it continue to do so.

Totally agree with the last 3 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    First and foremost T.S. is a business man, a successful one.
    The club after so much financial problems in the past has at last got some stability although the accounts will show a loss.
    It's a long term investment for the Stewart family, he will eventually want a return on some of the cash he's put into the club.
    Would I like better quality player's?....of course I would, would I like to break the wage structure at the club?...no thanks.
    This is as good as it gets, to go to the next level would take more investment than what T.S. can put in or is prepared to put in, I can't fault him for not putting the club too far into the red by the ' speculate to accumulate ' theory.
    To speculate is to gamble, no guarantee it would work out, it hasn't in the past with certain player's and manager's.
    The books have got to be balanced one way or another. We could do with another Will Vaulks / Shemi Ajayi to sell on at a profit.
    to speculate is to gamble that’s true. How much money will be lost next season in sky tv money, gate revenue, sponsorship revenue by not going that extra mile. We were so close this season and the last time we were in the championship in retaining our place. The same thing happened in that the chairman didn’t back the manager sufficiently.like everyone else I’m thankful that he is our chairman but that doesn’t stop me wishing he’d go a little bit farther. Also hope warne stays, he’s made mistakes but nobody’s perfect.

The alternative is to be reactive instead of proactive.

Warne has he flaws as a manager but he makes up for it been a good bloke 100 times over. As for Mr Stewart again we are blessed to have him as a chairman imagine that clown at Hillsborough been in charge . To be honest i think the strikers let him down over the past few games you can only pick what you have and you need them to convert the chances they had. Many game this season and more so the last 10 or so we have missed guilt edge chances to win or secure the points yesterday at Huddersfield and Barnsley especially . If those goals go in we are safe and its a different outcome .As for Warne been here next year i cannot make my mind up .

He is a good bloke but i would just wish he'd stop talking sh*te......my favourites;.....

We won't make the same mistakes again.............

We're better off in the Championship with empty stadiums then L1 with full ones......Really??????? We were losing £3M according to Advertiser a few weeks ago......

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    He is a good bloke but i would just wish he'd stop talking sh*te......my favourites;.....

We're better off in the Championship with empty stadiums then L1 with full ones......Really??????? We were losing £3M according to Advertiser a few weeks ago......
    Alas, in footballing terms losing £3m is a drop in the Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post

There’s a big gap in money between the two leagues, we won’t get much tv, sponsors etc so TS is right
    Definitely would’ve been better for us to stay in championship

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast