+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player Of The Season

Player Of The Season

Looking around various fan sites, fb etc the sentiment would appear to be

Byrne
    Shinnie
    Beilik
    Davies

In roughly that order. Interesting that CKR doesn't get much of a mention, he would have won by a landslide ten games ago

Honourable mentions

Marlon Pack
    'None Of the Useless Buggers'
    'Kelle Roos, for showing you can be an EFL goalkeeper with no arms'

My vote? Shinnie, I'm a real sucker for nasty Scottish midfielders

Anyone?

None of the useless buggers.

CKR
    Wisdom
    Byrne

YPOTS Buchanan.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    CKR
    Wisdom
    Byrne

YPOTS Buchanan.
    Forgot about Young Player and would agree, the rest have IMO been pretty underwhelming

Bielik for me, did more in half a season than any others did all season, proof of that when we fell apart after he did his cruciate

Bielik and Buchanan

No disrespect to anyone...it’s all just forum opinion and there to be agreed/disagreed with...but how can Bielik be PotS?
    I’ll agree he’s our best and most talented player and probably the only member of our squad who could hack it in the top flight...but he’s made 13 (!) starts this season.
    I’ll also agree that CKR has ‘tailed off’, but he’s made a great deal more than 13 appearances, has often played through the pain barrier and, despite getting virtually nothing in terms of service, he’s our leading scorer by a distance...providing goals that ultimately have kept us up...including the gem against Forest.
    As I say...all opinion...but there seem to be some short memories on here, imo CKR has put in the ‘hard yards’ on way more than 13 occasions and it’d be a bit insulting to overlook the more regular efforts of Byrne and Wisdom and CKR’s goals in favour of a player who, however good and however unlucky, has made less than 13 full appearances.

So...Shinnie and Buchanan it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So...Shinnie and Buchanan it is then.
    Approved. Both gave it a right pop all season, admittedly with varying levels of success

Our one decent run this season coincided with Bielik's 13 games. Arguably he did more in those 13 games than the rest did over many more games. Without him we may have beaten our points record from THAT season..... all just opinion though.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)